12-07-2023, 08:19 PM
(12-07-2023, 07:44 PM)XORadmin Wrote:(12-07-2023, 05:44 PM)diffrentstrolks Wrote:(12-07-2023, 04:53 PM)XORadmin Wrote:(12-07-2023, 04:44 PM)diffrentstrolks Wrote: Good point; ordered!
Last question-- the edit encoder on my expander is loose/wobbly and there is a soft "click" or bump if I press down on the knob. For comparison, I'm using the Klavis CalTrans and NE Sinc Iter eurorack modules which have endless encoders that are very firm (i.e. the posts don't move if I nudge them with a finger) and have a hard "click" when pressing on them, which operates as a button press.
The Midi-IO knob seems to work fine, but I'd just like to know if it is meant to feel loose or should it be firm like my comparison modules?
Thanks
It’s not a button but only an encoder. What do you mean with wobbly? Is the shaft wobbly?
The cap is just pressed on the button but shouldn’t be too lose.
Thanks. Yes, the shaft is a little wobbly (i.e. there is movement left/right/up/down if nudged with a finger). It isn't significant, but also not firm/stationary like other modules and synths with encoders that I have on hand for comparison.
Also pushing on the knob from the top has a bump that "feels" like a very soft button/switch, but understood that it is an encoder only.
I'm currently dealing with a different module that has a loose potentiometer shaft that is causing audio to cut in/out when it is touched; the shaft of that potentiometer feels similar to the Multi-IO encoder shaft. That said, I'm not seeing any glitchy/jumping values when touching the Multi-IO knob, so we're probably ok?
Thanks again
I am pretty sure you are fine. Those are not the cheapest encoders and I expect them to have a long lifecycle.
And if there is an issue some day then I will fix it!
Sound good; thank you, Thomas!

