12-08-2023, 12:36 PM
New Multi-IO expander is here. Now begins the long journey with MIDI which I've.. never actually used before, hah. I have a couple of questions.
1. Is there a quick simple routine I can do to just.. check the multi io expander is working? I have it hooked up, I've updated my NERDSeq firmware. I can get to the various screens for it. I am not certain if I need to set something up for the encoder knob to work. The X, Y, and Z buttons do not light up when I push them. The encoder knob on any screen I'm on is currently not causing anything to happen. Note that I *do* see the expander power on when I turn my rack on, and the three X, Y and Z lights light up.
2. If anyone out there has a crash course for getting the Multi-IO expander set up to send the correct MIDI output for triggering the 16 pads on the BitBox, that would be amazing. If no one does then after I figure it out, I'll write one myself in case it would be useful.
1. Is there a quick simple routine I can do to just.. check the multi io expander is working? I have it hooked up, I've updated my NERDSeq firmware. I can get to the various screens for it. I am not certain if I need to set something up for the encoder knob to work. The X, Y, and Z buttons do not light up when I push them. The encoder knob on any screen I'm on is currently not causing anything to happen. Note that I *do* see the expander power on when I turn my rack on, and the three X, Y and Z lights light up.
2. If anyone out there has a crash course for getting the Multi-IO expander set up to send the correct MIDI output for triggering the 16 pads on the BitBox, that would be amazing. If no one does then after I figure it out, I'll write one myself in case it would be useful.

