(12-14-2023, 11:27 AM)mgd Wrote: Hi Nerds,
I'm trying to connect my distingEx and I seem to have stupid problems. Maybe someone who successfully did it is able to help me. Here's is what I did:
MIDI/I2C Setup
I2C A Mode: NS -> 16N 1-6 Address: Hex 31
Track Assign: I2C/MULTI
Track Setup
Destination 1-6: A-EX.V A:31 P:1-6
or alternatively
Destination 1-6: A-EX.VP A:31 P:1-6
I created a pattern and in the 6 lanes I've placed a couple of notes.
I hit START on the NerdSEQ and nothing audible seems to happen.
The distingEx (V1.23.1) is configured with I2C Address hex 31, RX channel 1, TX channel 1
I selected the Poly Wavetable (single) algorithm. In this algorithm parameter 66 (Input Mode) is configured to 0. No output and no I2C data on the display. When I change parameter 66 to anything else and provide a gate signal I can hear a drone which seems to imply that sound generation should basically work. FWIW all other parameter if the Poly Wavetable algorithm are on their respective default settings.
When I switch everything to I2C channel B I get the same result (Track setup is then changed to B-EX.V/B-EX.VP of course).
What am I doing wrongly?
Kind regards,
Michael
I2C A Mode should be 'Out'. The address doesn't directly matter here as it is defined in the I2C Track for the columns/matrix.
NS -> 16N Mode means that a 16N is continuosly polled for fader changes.
For the rest, check in the I2C screen of the disting if the data is being received and if it is really set up to address 31hex.
I can unwrap my distings here and set it up and check for the correct settings.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!

