12-22-2023, 09:07 AM
Just a fast answer to a few topics, I need some more time for the others:
- You could probably use the calc-range command to range your 0-FFF input to the exaxt range you want to which should be the same thing as 3/4 or something like that. It can even turn the value around so that a 0 to FFF input could create a A00 to 123 output.
- Envelopes are linear (discussed in other threads)
- There is a mappping command that can invert your value.
- CV inputs are most probably not properly calibrated
- The IF and SKIP commands do generate a true/false result. Depending of the result you can again do something else in another line. Surely I could add 'use the greater one' but they are then many more of this situations I could add which means an overflow of browsing through IF commands and the only benefit would be that you use one less line. They are more disadvantages involved here.
- check in the preliminary manual about the different resolutions. Most values are mapped to 0-FFF (incoming and outgoing) to keep the same calculation system. For example, you don't want to have a fader input already be full range when its value reached 255. And if you need it different then many calc options are there to manipulate your number flow
Nice to hear that you enjoy it!!
Quote:1. Attack's crossing point is at 1536 (3/8 of 4095), and Decay's crossing point is at 2560(5/8 of 4095).
2. When input cv is in the range of [0, 1536), attack drops from 2048(in decimal expression & 128 for ENV expression) to 0
When input cv is in the range of [1536, 4095], attack ramp from 0 to 4096 (in decimal expression & 256 for ENV expression).
3. When input cv is in the range of [0,2560), decay drops from 4096 to 0(in decimal),
When input cv is in the range of [2560, 4095], decay value ramp forom 0 to 2048(in decimal).
In function expression it look like this:
Attack:
x in [0, 1536): y = -4/3 x + 2048
x in [1536, 4095]: y = 8/5 x - 2457
Decay:
x in [0, 2560): y = -8/5 x + 4096
x in [1536, 4095]: y = 4/3 x - 3413
My approach is firstly shrimp everything by 8(the max numerator or denominator), and calculate the value 4/3, and put the 8 back.
Numerator and denominato
so the problem here is,
1. it is very easy to get overflow when large value execute a MUL, so I have to shrimp all the value before the calculation and multiply it back after evrything calculated. For example, the biggest mul/div value above is 8, so I have to DIV everything by 8 before the calculation, and MUL 8 after the calculation. So I wonder instead of calculate the output directly, is there any possibility to express 4/3 or 8/5... these kind of value in Nerdseq?
2. It is super weird value like 2457 or 3413, and there is no negative value in nerdseq, So I have to calculate it by Substract it by full range (which is FFF, 4095). So, can I invert the value or do some negative value calculation on nerdseq?
3. Is it possible to have internal ENV to be exponential instead of linear?
4. When I trying to multi-segment function, normally it's a IF.. IFNOT... Expression, right? But I find that I cannot assign or pass any value after IF expression. Such as: CAL IF>= VAVB > ENV #1 ATK. (I didn't acctually figure out how IF calculation works, so I just set the value directly to ENV's Attack in two lines. I find it interesting is that, the value is set to the greater one by default. AMAZING). So my question is how to set this kind of IF calculation on Nerdseq?
5.the expression for ENV & MAP are in different resolution (such as 256 in ENV expression = 4096 in Mapping), which is kinda odd, I think, I guess, I assume...?
BTW, the manual says the 4 cv input are capable for 0~10 volts, but it reach FFF or 4096 when I input cv around 2 or 3 Volts. SO I have to us a vca to shrimp that value. is that because I didnt set it up right? or It just because Nerdseq cannot handle value above that range in map?
THANKS! I HAD ALOT FUN OF IT <3
- You could probably use the calc-range command to range your 0-FFF input to the exaxt range you want to which should be the same thing as 3/4 or something like that. It can even turn the value around so that a 0 to FFF input could create a A00 to 123 output.
- Envelopes are linear (discussed in other threads)
- There is a mappping command that can invert your value.
- CV inputs are most probably not properly calibrated
- The IF and SKIP commands do generate a true/false result. Depending of the result you can again do something else in another line. Surely I could add 'use the greater one' but they are then many more of this situations I could add which means an overflow of browsing through IF commands and the only benefit would be that you use one less line. They are more disadvantages involved here.
- check in the preliminary manual about the different resolutions. Most values are mapped to 0-FFF (incoming and outgoing) to keep the same calculation system. For example, you don't want to have a fader input already be full range when its value reached 255. And if you need it different then many calc options are there to manipulate your number flow
Nice to hear that you enjoy it!!
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!

