01-22-2024, 11:02 PM
(01-22-2024, 08:27 PM)XORadmin Wrote:(01-22-2024, 07:06 PM)circulant Wrote: First of all, amazing update to the firmware, and an incredible new module with the Multi-IO. This has made me rearrange my modules and incorporate my 16n F8Rbank into the case and learn I2C connections. Well done XOR! This is a very fun and challenging addition to an already impressive sequencer/mini-computer.
I have a question regarding the 16n F8R via I2C on the Nerdseq and applying mapping. I have a fader assigned to control pitch on CV1, and it connects correctly (awesome) however it increases the pitch amount drastically. By the time the fader position reaches 1/4 of the full sweep, the note change goes from C-2 through A-8. Is there a way to spread this note change over the entire length of the fader throw?
Thanks a lot!
I would first check in the f8r calibrations if it is calibrated well. Normally it should have a full range from zero to full with a little offset at the ends.
In the mapping you can look up which values it generates and that should go from 0 to FFF.
It is possible to manipulate the incoming data so it will be corrected and uses the full NerdSEQ range. But I would first check if and why the f8r is not using the full data range.
Thank you, I am indeed getting the full data range for the faderbank from zero to FFF in the mapping, and the full range when checking the online calibration (including midi).
Once plugging everything back in the problem still persists (using a Vector Wave and a Basimilus Iteritas Alter for testing). I changed the offset coming from the Nerdseq from 10v to +-5v, however this did not fix the issue.
I checked the calibration of CV1, and now it appears that the CV1 is not outputting any CV (CV2 is). I will have to do more testing (maybe a reset, or start from a new project) and report back!

