01-24-2024, 06:25 AM
(01-23-2024, 10:38 PM)XORadmin Wrote:(01-23-2024, 09:58 PM)rubberband Wrote:(12-09-2023, 05:36 PM)joesh Wrote: Nice, I'm going to try this later. I looked into the first suggestion (and read the manual), but it didn't work, I hope this does the trick.
Naturally, as you say, using a mult. is also a possibility, and easy. However, there's an expression in English 'Why keep a dog and bark". I was thinking (and I hope you agree), that the NerdSeq is a very powerful machine, so a simple idea such as passing on a trigger through the mod output should be an easy task for it (the NS) to do.
Instead of a new thread I though I would ask here: Can the current mapping system let me trigger something on the CV16 expander from an i2c drum matrix track?
My use case is that I am driving a module over MIDI from an i2c track, but only need the first 8 triggers. If I could direct the others to the CV16 then I could save some HP by not installing the trigger16 expander. I don’t currently use all 16 CV16 outputs so it would be nice and efficient
You can execute a mapping row from the drummatrix and in that row (or combination of rows) you can fire CV16 envelopes and I think also the simple LFO trigger in the CV16.
Important is that the CV16 modulators are initialized before.
I think I understand, but still can't quite figure it out. I've got the CV16 on NSA 2, and I've made sure the nerdseq and CV16 are on the latest FW. Do the CV16 modulators auto-initialize with the latest FW, or do I need to execute a command in a pattern somewhere?
- In an i2c track I have matrix column 2 configured to: XMAP R00
- Then in the mapping I have for Row 00: ---- ---- ---- > CV16 EV1R 2- 1
I've also tried it with EV1O for one shot, EV1X etc
I'm sure the answer is right in front of me, so apologies in advance if it's actually really obvious and I'm just missing it. I've tried creating a CV16 track and putting a bunch of TT8 triggers on it, which doesn't register on my scope. If I fire an envelope like ^30 within the CV16 track it works perfectly.


