Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Skip output of CV when trigger 'is off'
#3
(02-15-2024, 08:05 PM)mgd Wrote: I'm not in agreement w/r to this feature request, i.e. when I change a voltage in the CV column I want that reflected on the output no matter what.

To solve the problem of the OP:
You could pass the CV through a VC switch (or a bernouli gate) and flip the switch with the trigger. Depending on what you want to do you may use a VCA as such a gate though for pitch CV that probably is a bit tricky.

What might be closest to what you want (when I understand your request correctly) would be using a S&H that samples the CV when there is a trigger.

HTH,
Michael

Fair enough, I know I can do a S/H like thing, but what I'm also saying is, make it _configurable_ per track you want this behaviour. Don't break 'the default' behaviour.
If '--' and '00' is similar right now (right?), that might be used to differentiate: Setting: " '--' mutes step: [On/Off] " or something.

Will flipping the switch be fast enough? What if the CV is slightly ahead of the trigger?

edit: my practical use case is I have all Note CV's filled and I 'rotate' (euclidean) triggers to create new melodies. The CV's without Trigger are still 'alive' which is unwanted in my case...
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Skip output of CV when trigger 'is off' - by Airell - 02-16-2024, 08:23 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)