02-27-2024, 05:27 PM
(02-26-2024, 09:51 PM)user1000 Wrote: Is there a list of compatible USB keyboards/chipsets ? I got a Lenovo ThinkPad Compact Keyboard (KU-1255) to work but my GMMK Barebones does not work (I tried different cables and different hubs).
Edit: Got a couple keyboards yesterday from Logitech and those worked. I assume the GMMK keyboard may not have a standard implementation of keyboard device. Realized I needed a full keyboard anyway and got a Logitech G413 SE (YU0074)- that worked. Logitech K400 Plus (Y-R055) worked also and used a wireless usb receiver that can be setup with other keyboards so I suspect the wireless USB Logitech standard will work other Logitech wireless keyboards. Made a table below with USB vendor and device IDs for anyone else interested:
Code:Keyboard | Vendor ID | Device ID | Compatibility
-------------------------------------------------------------------
GGMK-TKL-RGB | 0x0C45 | 0x652f | No (Microdia/Sonix Vendor)
Lenovo KU-1255 | 0x17EF | 0x6047 | Yes
Logitech Y-R0055 | 0x046D | 0xc52b | Yes (unifying USB wireless receiver)
Logitech YU0074 | 0x046D | 0xc349 | Yes
Yes it seems to me that the GMMK is not a normal Class Compliant HID (Human Interface Device) but needs a driver to set it up. Those kind of keyboards are not usable in the most cases. There is no list of what works and what not. I know only about one Cherry Keyboard which didn't work but which does work using a USB hub.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!

