07-18-2024, 02:03 PM
Thank you, Thomas, for the clear explanation of your thoughts on this topic. I have a much clearer idea of the landscape and the history here.
I certainly understand your feeling about wanting to work on the product and not the docs. I have been through similar things. You have done most of the work already here, getting all the information down. Writing a manual from scratch is a big job, but taking your existing document and tweaking the formatting and language, feels tractable.
I don't want to cost you any time, money or hardware. I'll work on this quietly. If I can accomplish it, I'll come back to you once I have a completed project which I will hand into your control, with clear details on how to update the content and how to produce the outputs.
I certainly understand your feeling about wanting to work on the product and not the docs. I have been through similar things. You have done most of the work already here, getting all the information down. Writing a manual from scratch is a big job, but taking your existing document and tweaking the formatting and language, feels tractable.
I don't want to cost you any time, money or hardware. I'll work on this quietly. If I can accomplish it, I'll come back to you once I have a completed project which I will hand into your control, with clear details on how to update the content and how to produce the outputs.

