10-26-2024, 09:10 PM
(10-26-2024, 06:26 PM)Tuckles24 Wrote:(12-05-2023, 10:43 AM)XORadmin Wrote: Lets start a new thread now it is out of Beta and available.Hello,
Note: All the basic stuff about connecting I2C and information you need is provided in the Installation Guide which came with the Multi-IO and in the currently Preliminary Manual for V2.0.
- You got to enable the Multi-IO in the NerdSEQ Setup Menu. SHIFT+SETUP -> MIDI Expander, change this to Multi-IO. Leave the menu. It might be possible that you got to restart the NerdSEQ once.
- The Front I2C Port and Backside port A are the same and it uses the same Pullup
- Mostly use the 3.3Volt pullup or none if the other gear got already a pullup installed. You can start always without and see if it works reliably or if at all.
- ALWAYS turn all power off before you connect any I2C gear. That applies for the front and backside port
- The 16n and derivates (eg F8R) do scan for any I2C gear 10 seconds after its startup if they are set to leader mode. And if it missed that scan then it won't work. It is possible that it didn't scan the Multi-IO if the I2C port on the Multi was not configured for it. In that case you would configure first and then give the 16n a power cycle. Rule to follow: Use 16n -> NS then the 16n got to be in leader mode, Address to 31hex. If the 16n is set to follower mode then the NerdSEQ got to be set to NS -> 16n 1-16, the address is not important for it.
- No, a 2nd Midi Interface (TRA-A or classic Midi-IO) won't provide an additional Midi Port to the NerdSEQ.
- The encoder is not a push-button
I have a NerdSEQ Multi-IO expander. Yesterday I used NerdSEQ with the Multi-IO expander and the Sega gamepad expander as I have for months now. Sega gamepad worked with no issues as usual.
Today I powered on with the gamepad plugged into the expander before powering on, like always, and NerdSEQ is not detecting the gamepad controller expander, therefore the gamepad is not working. I tried a firmware update with the same V2.01A firmware, turning off and on multiple times, debugging. I even unplugged the Gamepad Expander from the Multi-IO thru port and plugged in my original Midi IO expander to the Multi-IO Midi Thru port since the manual says that will provide gamepad usage. Despite this, neither gamepad nor original Midi-IO expanders are being detected by Nerdseq when plugged into the Multi-IO Midi Thru port. so i can't use my gamepad.
I unplugged Multi-IO from NerdSEQ and plugged in the Midi-IO expander to the midi port on the back of nerdseq. It was not detected.
What should I do? I would really like to use my gampad expander and controller
There is no detection of the Gamepad expander. You enable it and then it works or it doesn't.
If it is enabled and doesn't work anymore then there is a chance the gamepad died. Which gamepad do you have exactly? Original Sega or one of the clones?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!

