Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I try to send midi to external devices (ableton or bitbox)
#4
Wink 
(03-23-2024, 08:25 PM)mcfrsvn Wrote: Hello, I have the multi-io expander, and I try to figure out to send midi data to external device as ableton (midi device) or bitbox micro (trs cable).
Nerdseq midi is recognized in ableton but I don't succeed to send notes.
I configured track01 as I2C/mult and track 02 as MIDI Chan:1 trs.
Do I use the mapping section ?.
How I can tell to ableton that I play notes or trigs ?
Sorry I looked in the forum but...
Thanks by advance

(03-23-2024, 08:25 PM)mcfrsvn Wrote: Hello, I have the multi-io expander, and I try to figure out to send midi data to external device as ableton (midi device) or bitbox micro (trs cable).
Nerdseq midi is recognized in ableton but I don't succeed to send notes.
I configured track01 as I2C/mult and track 02 as MIDI Chan:1 trs.
Do I use the mapping section ?.
How I can tell to ableton that I play notes or trigs ?
Sorry I looked in the forum but...
Thanks by advance

as soon as I posted the message I found the solution : when you SET the TRACK as MIDI, go on the track SHIFT+NERD -> Track Setup -> Base Midi Channel -> DEVICE #1

Smile Thank you mcfrsvn .... I spent an hour trying to figure this out. By default my MIDI track was going to TRS-1, had forgotten about SHIFT+NERD.

Added to my notes and have been working on a markdown cheat sheet which I hope to get on the web. Not is if there is one, but figured I would get one together myself.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: I try to send midi to external devices (ableton or bitbox) - by nordaxe - 10-27-2024, 10:16 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)