03-23-2025, 09:04 PM
(03-23-2025, 08:54 PM)sarukas Wrote: Thanks, I guess there are two ways to adjust the sequence - skip the row, basically shortening the sequence from 8 to 7 as you say, or to interactively mute a note, but keep the length the same. Both ways would be useful and cool musically.1 XMAP 2XX should most probably already be enough. You don't need to execute the row, just read it's results to get the 'condition'.
Regarding your suggestion,so it is possible after all? Amazing!!!
Just to make sure I understand correctly:
1. Add effect XMAP 1XX to all rows that I want to mute interactively
2. This will execute corresponding mapping row XX. If mapping row execution returns 0, the pattern row is not played, if returns anything else, it plays as per manual page 39.
3. Add playable control via mappings, e.g. set mapping variable using external faders, cv, midi, etc.
Is this correct? I have not tried it yet but am keen to try. I will post after trying so that others can benefit.
2 Thumbs up
3 Thumbs up
Indeed correct. It would allow to do what you want. The only thing to consider is that it checks for the result being 0 (not playing) or anything else (playing).
It's not for the skip thing which I think might be more tricky and maybe not that easy possible with what is available now.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!

