Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Release Candidate Firmware V2.03 RC1
#15
(03-22-2025, 10:04 AM)XORadmin Wrote: I think I will skip that release.

They were not many downloads and nearly no feedback (thanks for the ones who did). Nothing at all about the new (requested) functionality.
The idea for release candidates is to get feedback if things are ok or if some of the new stuff needs some finetuning.

By now I am already working on something else and I don't think it's worth to get back in the codebase to make a release.

Of course the question comes up in me if there is much interrest in new releases. The latest firmwares showed much less downloads than earlier ones even though many cool features have been added.

I really appreciate all your hard work!

Personally I am more invested in running the nerdseq *bare* without any extra modules or midi, so I won't be jumping on anything that has to do with expanders or MIDI etc.

My only request for the Nerdseq at this point are the few things that could make it faster to move around and work in, as I've mentioned before (and as you DID add in the last update, which was amazing - thank you!).

I got an M8 recently and I feel a lot faster with it, despite the nerdseq having more buttons. These aren't in competition, but it's difficult not to compare interfaces.
What I'm missing on the Nerdseq that the M8 has is only pressing OK to always paste the previously touched value for that column, or cycling through marking cell, column, row or the whole pattern (by pressing the sequencer button while already being in mark mode?) or being able to rotate marked parts with a shortcut (what's currently in the nerd menu).

I'm very content with all the available features Smile
Feature-wise this is a complete product for me. Ofc you can always add more lol.



And I don't know about everyone else, but for me eurorack is a seasonal/cyclical thing - I jam a lot on it for a couple of months, then I don't mess with it for a while, then I'm back on - so I'll def be back on shortly!
Again, appreciate all your hard work, I'm so happy with my nerdseq.


Messages In This Thread
RE: Release Candidate Firmware V2.03 RC1 - by vidret - 04-18-2025, 11:27 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)