Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MIDI Recording on Sample Tracks
#5
I tried again.
This time I synched the Westlicht Performer via analog clock and reset to the nerdseq and sent MIDI to the Nerdseq using the Performer as MIDI Host and the Nerdseq as USB MIDI Device on Port 1. I set the recording to record into the the track currently selected which was Track 7 with the pattern screen open during recording (I think this makes no difference).
I ran a simple sequence with hits on every beat, the first beat 1 octave higher to check sync. 
Both sequencers run in sync nicely.
But when I record from the Performer into the Nerdseq Track 7 (Audio 1) I get a delay of one step (one line) in the sequencer.
When playback repeats, I can hear the 1 step delay between both sequencers when both trigger the same track (MIDI in plus the recorded pattern playing).
I have the project file attached. The last pattern on track 7 was recorded as described.
On the performer the note delay is set to 0, so all notes are excactly on each beat before recording, but not after recording, then it is delayed.

Maybe I got some strange setting? But there is no other mapping set up other than the MIDI recording.

Strange,
now I edited the track asignment again (not included in the uploaded file) to add DualChord in Track 3, to check if I get correct recording and now also DualChord recording if off one step.
Again I can hear the difference between the recorded track playing and the live MIDI input of 1 step, so the MIDI source is not offset.
Maybe there is a small offset of MIDI transmission of a few ms, but not much. The sync is pretty good (analog clock sync).

As a side note the project file was originally created in V2.x or earlier and I kept using it after updating the firmware. Maybe this makes a difference?
I could create a new project and check if the behavior is the same.


Attached Files
.nrd   4848B-12.NRD (Size: 588,47 KB / Downloads: 1)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
MIDI Recording on Sample Tracks - by 48484B - 01-09-2026, 06:48 AM
RE: MIDI Recording on Sample Tracks - by XORadmin - 01-09-2026, 10:04 AM
RE: MIDI Recording on Sample Tracks - by 48484B - 01-09-2026, 12:22 PM
RE: MIDI Recording on Sample Tracks - by XORadmin - 01-09-2026, 12:30 PM
RE: MIDI Recording on Sample Tracks - by 48484B - 01-09-2026, 08:22 PM
RE: MIDI Recording on Sample Tracks - by XORadmin - 01-12-2026, 12:13 PM
RE: MIDI Recording on Sample Tracks - by 48484B - 01-12-2026, 03:09 PM
RE: MIDI Recording on Sample Tracks - by XORadmin - 01-13-2026, 10:43 AM
RE: MIDI Recording on Sample Tracks - by 48484B - 01-13-2026, 01:38 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)