02-15-2026, 05:07 PM
(02-14-2026, 08:03 AM)XORadmin Wrote:(02-14-2026, 03:04 AM)tepjz Wrote: Hello!
I tested this briefly, just playing back a small project experiment. I experienced a different behaviour to that of v2.01a - and of v3.0. These two versions play it back in equal fashion, so I should hope this concerns v3.01rc1.
The issue:
There's a simple table - only one line with a RND command (tranpsose column), then a hop back to 00 on the next line.
I have cloned it so to have three tables for some variation - just changing the allowed notes (and range). All are set to COIN quanization and locked to the same scale.
Upon playback, v3.01rc1 does stick to the allowed notes, but it "chooses"/plays other notes than 2.01a/3.0. On two occations out of four tests (turning my system on and off in between), it chose even other notes.. so it played two variations, one could say. Versions 2.01a/3.0 plays the same exact notes every time (well, I haven't used v3.0 until tonight, but it seems to do act like 2.01a in this regard)
In the end, I'm left to wonder if this behaviour is the new norm? Perhaps it's what the note "- fixed table editing for the transpose column" alluded to? Or is it an unforeseen effect in this release candidate?
Greetings from Norway
Hey thanks. The fixed transpose column was purely an editing thing.
Can you maybe provide me a 2.01/3.0 project so I can see what you mean and compare these myself?
I am not aware about any change in the randomization but you never know..
Ok, the project file should be on its way.
Btw: Forget what I said about the tables being 'locked' to the same scale.. not much variation to gain from that hehe. (it's been a minute since I checked out the RND/notes feature)

