Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Launchpad Pro Fader Mode
#9
(08-19-2026, 06:31 PM)heyitsme Wrote:
(08-19-2026, 04:33 PM)ianski Wrote: You're very welcome!

The modes I know work and use are LIVE, NOTES, and FADER. Not sure how useful the drum mode actually is - maybe I should try it sometime!

Notes mode is awesome - a great alternative way to play and record notes on the fly while live as well as a midi keyboard. The good thing is you don't have to leave the launchpad and can jump around between modes to select /add new patterns, jump back to notes mode, fill them in live etc. This video basically convinced me to get a Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLoKOoYwuRM

For notes I just use the MIDI/I2C Setup page. I'm using channels 9~16 (bottom row of launchpad in notes mode) to play/record notes on tracks 1~8, and channel 8 as master transpose.
I only tend to use velocity and if you are using a MIDI track then it will just record that automatically (or you can change it to record aftertouch / cc's etc.) but you can do lots more with mapping ofc.

Mapping can do almost anything. I'm not using it too much for my current project but here's an example. This is 8 faders set up on MIDI channel 7. Fader 1 changes track 4's trigger probability, and faders 2~8 values are being output to the device port to control other gear I have. Nerdseq is great as a hub as well as a tracker.

I would say its a no brainer to have the Pro if you can fit it on your desk Smile

Sounds awesome, thank you for providing the pictures and give more info. I've only had performance-oriented sequencers in eurorack before getting the Nerdseq. I've had the DROID MFPS, René 2, Seaside Modular Proteus and Vermona Melodicer, WMD Metron.. But I realized after a while that I actually wanted to compose longer sets. After switching to Nerdseq it was instant love, but something that I've missed is the occasional jamming and performance aspect of modular, so getting the Launchpad Pro will give me the best of both worlds, deep programmability and flexibility of the Nerdseq itself, and performing/jamming with the LP Pro. I also got the Multi I/O so dialing in notes on the fly will also be more fun. Will definitely get the Pro! I do have space for it if I keep it just beside my rack lol

Here comes a noob question since I’m a total noob when it comes to Launchpad, how do I enter the different modes of the LP Pro? I have the MK3 connected via USB host.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by ianski - 02-26-2026, 12:15 PM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by ianski - 02-27-2026, 03:49 PM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by heyitsme - 08-19-2026, 02:54 PM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by ianski - 08-19-2026, 04:33 PM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by heyitsme - 08-19-2026, 06:31 PM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by heyitsme - 08-22-2026, 04:05 PM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by ianski - 08-19-2026, 06:21 PM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by ianski - 08-19-2026, 06:54 PM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by heyitsme - 08-21-2026, 08:30 PM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by ianski - 08-24-2026, 10:47 PM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by heyitsme - 09-12-2026, 07:41 AM
RE: Launchpad Pro Fader Mode - by ianski - 09-12-2026, 07:19 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)