Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
nerdseq + euclidean circles
#10
(05-22-2019, 12:54 PM)XORadmin Wrote: But then still: reset by definition got to reset to the first step and the first clock after that got to play this first step. Thats how it suppose to be and that is what the NerdSEQ does.

If i say that it goes ‘before’ the first step, then i mean that it doesn’t play this step. Reset never plays a step. Only clocks do.

Yeah I agree, and I know what you mean.

Unfortunately there are some modules like Rene which do not abide by this law - reset will simply tell it to go to step 1. And then when it gets a clock pulse, it will start playing from step 2. It's stupid, I know. But the only way to get it to behave correctly is to send a reset pulse at the exact same time as it gets the first clock pulse.

Pamela's New Workout is great because I can set one Pam output to send out a reset pulse on STOP (which Euclidean Circles needs), and another output to send a reset pulse on START (which Rene needs). I go Nerdseq clock out 24ppm-> Pam's Clock in ... and Pam's sends clock to Rene and Euclidean; using those separately behaving outputs to send the reset signals that each module recognizes.

So to summarize, if you want to use Nerdseq with Rene, you'll need to find a way to send the reset pulse at the same time as it gets the first clock pulse. I guess you could sacrifice a trigger to do this
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: nerdseq + euclidean circles - by XORadmin - 03-06-2019, 04:05 PM
RE: nerdseq + euclidean circles - by depaffect - 03-07-2019, 10:45 AM
RE: nerdseq + euclidean circles - by thread - 05-18-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: nerdseq + euclidean circles - by XORadmin - 05-22-2019, 11:07 AM
RE: nerdseq + euclidean circles - by depaffect - 05-22-2019, 12:31 PM
RE: nerdseq + euclidean circles - by XORadmin - 05-22-2019, 12:54 PM
RE: nerdseq + euclidean circles - by depaffect - 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)