I have a project that I prepared at 88bpm with NerdSeq's internal master clock. It's a 4:30 minute continuous song and it includes modular tracks, a MIDI track, a Trigger 16 Expander and some sample tracks.
This evening, I tried to run it from my DAW (Reason), also at 88bpm, in two ways:
1) With NerdSeq set to "MIDI Slave" mode
2) With NerdSeq set to "Mod.Slave24" and receiving the 24ppqn clock and reset through Mutable Instruments Yarns.
In both cases, the playback started up pretty tight. But after a few minutes into the song, it started to drift noticeably and it got progressively worse.
My song is set up in such a way that the patterns in the rows are all of equal length, so the rows never shift. When I checked the screen after playback had started to go off-time, I noticed that this row synchronisation was no longer intact.
In situation 2) I noticed another glitch.
After stopping playback using the external clock, when I looked at the screen again, I noticed that the project bpm had changed to 177 (=approximately doubled).
When I pulled out the external clock cables and set NerdSeq back to internal clock, the tempo sounded normal (as if it was still at 88bpm).
However, when I reloaded the project and played it back, it did sound like 177bpm!
After having slaved it from MIDI and setting the NerdSeq back to Internal Master Clock, the bpm (although listed as 88bpm) was also super fast. Going into the menu and manually setting the bpm again fixed it.
This evening, I tried to run it from my DAW (Reason), also at 88bpm, in two ways:
1) With NerdSeq set to "MIDI Slave" mode
2) With NerdSeq set to "Mod.Slave24" and receiving the 24ppqn clock and reset through Mutable Instruments Yarns.
In both cases, the playback started up pretty tight. But after a few minutes into the song, it started to drift noticeably and it got progressively worse.
My song is set up in such a way that the patterns in the rows are all of equal length, so the rows never shift. When I checked the screen after playback had started to go off-time, I noticed that this row synchronisation was no longer intact.
In situation 2) I noticed another glitch.
After stopping playback using the external clock, when I looked at the screen again, I noticed that the project bpm had changed to 177 (=approximately doubled).
When I pulled out the external clock cables and set NerdSeq back to internal clock, the tempo sounded normal (as if it was still at 88bpm).
However, when I reloaded the project and played it back, it did sound like 177bpm!
After having slaved it from MIDI and setting the NerdSeq back to Internal Master Clock, the bpm (although listed as 88bpm) was also super fast. Going into the menu and manually setting the bpm again fixed it.

