04-27-2020, 10:21 PM
(04-27-2020, 08:58 PM)XORadmin Wrote:(04-27-2020, 05:52 PM)shankzz Wrote: I am super excited for the portable and might end up selling my nerdseq and keep just the portable, when it comes out. I gather that it can work with the cv and trigger expanders, which is essential for me. How does the integration happen? via midi expander? Ideally, I would like to have a control rack that just has midi, cv and trigger expanders (maybe a 4ms pod26) and just plug and play the nerdseq portable with my eurorack using this control rack.
Thomas, is that what your vision is for the portable?
It has a NSA port and you connect it with a CAT5 (network) cable into the rack (simple adapter module to the expanders).
The Expanders are then integrated like in the normal NerdSEQ. But functions without the local usual nerdseq outputs of course.
The Portable has integrated Midi ports.
Very cool! Cat5 cable eh
. Love it and can't wait. Meanwhile, I will do the mental math to see if one CV16 expander can replicate and expand on what the current ports do. Exciting stuff!

