Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
CV Recording and Inputs
#2
I'm on V1.21A

I don't think so. NerdSeq only seems to pass the notes through when record has been pressed.
You also have Live Quantise to consider, so Nerdseq wouldn't necessarily start recording as soon as you pressed record. I think that it would wait until the next Live Quantise point is passed.
I tend to create a 64 step pattern and record it until it loops. Then I remove notes from the beginning of the recorded pattern (and shift the following notes up) and set the pattern length to a length that I actually wanted. That way, my pattern starts at the correct place and has the appropriate length.
It would be handy if I could rotate the rows (eg. on a 16 row pattern, if you rotated down, then row 1 would go to row 2, row 2 would go to row 3 until row 16, which would go to row 1).

This approach works okay in some cases, but there are some problems with it.
Nerdseq doesn't seem to have an overwrite mode. This would be very handy for recording. If Nerdseq encounters a 0V it assumes that there is no note to record, so it leaves the existing note value in place. The same happens for recording triggers (the reliability of my trigger recordin depends on whether I have the NerdSeq synced to the other sequencer, or vice versa. Nerdseq master works best for me).
If I am recording a pattern in from my Generator+ sequencer and the NerdSeq pattern loops then some of the note and mod voltages will get overwritten as it loops, but triggers that were left over from the previous loop get left there. This means that the number of triggers becomes denser on each loop and my rhythms are wrong.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
CV Recording and Inputs - by Terekki - 05-30-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: CV Recording and Inputs - by Marizu - 05-30-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: CV Recording and Inputs - by Terekki - 06-01-2020, 10:34 AM
RE: CV Recording and Inputs - by Marizu - 06-01-2020, 11:18 AM
RE: CV Recording and Inputs - by Terekki - 06-05-2020, 08:14 PM
RE: CV Recording and Inputs - by zerius - 06-09-2020, 01:14 PM
RE: CV Recording and Inputs - by joesh - 11-07-2023, 07:13 AM
RE: CV Recording and Inputs - by joesh - 11-07-2023, 08:31 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)