11-12-2020, 10:04 PM
(11-12-2020, 09:12 PM)the_cody Wrote: I searched for this and can't find any posts about trigger delay on CV16 tracks.
Finally had some time to actually sit down and work on some music with my new dual CV16 setup. I'm having a problem with my BIAs getting the trigger too soon before the CV. I was using trigger delays before to counteract this (using T01 on CV/Gate tracks), but it seems like I can't do any kind of trigger delay on CV16 tracks. Would it be possible to add either trigger delay in the track setup, or, add an option to the trigger command (something like TT9 to TTF would be a 5ms trigger with a 5ms delay at TT9 to a 35ms delay at TTF)?
The workaround I have right now using my Ornament & Crime in quad envelope mode with a small delay to the envelopes to delay the triggers. So, this isn't like a "show-stopping problem" at the moment.
Preferably, I'd really just like the CV16 track setup to have autogate on/off, trigger length and trigger delay for any lane set to local CV (which the CV16 doesn't seem to be able to do, unless that's there and I just can't figure it out?!).
The other problem with needing to use a trigger command on a CV16 track is that it seems to mess up actually sending CV. If I put a local trigger event in a CV16 lane (set to a CV16 output), then put a voltage value, that value doesn't seem to get sent to the CV16's output. This might be a related issue? Maybe I should put this in bug reports so it doesn't get lost.
Are you using a Trigger with value of 01 on a regular track to get the delay? This actually sets a delayed gate (5ms in that case).
This is also possible from the CV16 in a FX column. That doesn't have anything to do with the Trigger Delay setting for CV/Gate tracks.
I think basically it should be possible to add also a Trigger delay for the CV16 tracks for the local triggers like with the CV/Gate tracks.
Alternatively, did you try using an envelope as trigger on a CV16 output? You might be able to add some kind of delay with a somehow slower attack together with correct AMP settings.
The CV16 Lanes don't work with gates, so there is no autogate function and will not be (there is also no note off to reset the gate again) and it wouldn't make much sense with 6 possible lanes which set the gate.
I am actually not aware that a trigger command messes up the CV sending. Can you add some more details or add a project file so i can check it out?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!

