12-01-2020, 02:40 PM
(12-01-2020, 02:03 PM)Gminorcoles Wrote: I am not an expert in this stuff, but I have a bunch of midi based synths. Program Change + MSB + LSB allows you to address a large number of rows and columns. How is it half baked? It is also a standard.
(MSB x 128) + LSB
if MSB is 0 - 127, MSB X program change can be the row, and LSB can be the column, supporting future sequencer grids of 128 tracks.
I feel like I am missing something. This standardized scheme would allow to trigger a large number of patterns directly addressable on the grid, instead of Zero. I am new to nerdseq and dont really understand what it can and cannot do, but I have a big interest in sequencing and controlling the nerdseq from external gear, and MIDI was designed for this.
Sorry, MIDI isn’t half baked. You are correct, but Thomas was saying he wants to start 255 rows. MSB is still 0-127.
Personally, I don’t think I’ll ever need all 255, so I was thinking of configurable options of maybe just starting patterns in the first half of the rows (configurable) OR maybe only being able to start every other row. But I think Thomas is trying to avoid a half-baked solution.

