12-03-2020, 03:11 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 03:17 AM by Gminorcoles.)
this is my first day with the nerdseq setup sufficiently to use it. I got the IO expander yesterday. This track is the mc-909 and the nerdseq driving drum samples on the squarp Rample.
The nerdseq gets triplet-ed clock sequenced in manually in Abelton as midi, through the ES-3, to the clock and reset in on the nerdseq, which is running a couple of patterns against the Rample, and the nerdseq send midi clock to the MC-909 which has a few patterns running.
this was a test to see how well things would sync up, and if I could figure out how many clock blips per bar would make the nerdseq and the mc-909 run correctly. after some trial and error, it worked.
this is not where I want to be yet, I want it to swing hard, but as a test its a great first start to show that I can use this custom clock to bend the timing of both devices. tomorrow I have an erica synths Midi CV Clock 2 thing coming, which will give me another channel of clock so I can use the midi out on the nerdseq to sequence a couple of midi sequencers and the Erica clock will carry the clock from either Ableton or the nerdseq to the MC-909, which ever works better.
(soundcloud)
4/4/ house on a triplet clock
The nerdseq gets triplet-ed clock sequenced in manually in Abelton as midi, through the ES-3, to the clock and reset in on the nerdseq, which is running a couple of patterns against the Rample, and the nerdseq send midi clock to the MC-909 which has a few patterns running.
this was a test to see how well things would sync up, and if I could figure out how many clock blips per bar would make the nerdseq and the mc-909 run correctly. after some trial and error, it worked.
this is not where I want to be yet, I want it to swing hard, but as a test its a great first start to show that I can use this custom clock to bend the timing of both devices. tomorrow I have an erica synths Midi CV Clock 2 thing coming, which will give me another channel of clock so I can use the midi out on the nerdseq to sequence a couple of midi sequencers and the Erica clock will carry the clock from either Ableton or the nerdseq to the MC-909, which ever works better.
(soundcloud)
4/4/ house on a triplet clock

