Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Video game cover song sequenced entirely with a NerdSeq (video)
#8
Oh, don’t worry, it wasn’t a question of easier or harder, just of fluky timing.

As for Akemie’s, I’m not a heavy-duty FM guy but I definitely reminisce about the Sound Blaster days of old. I could venture into FM within the NerdSEQ audio tracks but my setup performs too much pitch management downstream from the NerdSEQ, and the Humble Audio Quad Operator, while it seems excellent, is surely too crazy for what I need. At least for now. Wink

FM in hardware synths, instead of Eurorack, is almost surely the even better way to go. More capable. Less expensive. I find the Twisted Electrons desktop boxes quite appealing, for example, but for the moment I have an “everything in the rack and via CV” rule so I pay pay more for less in some ways. Cry

Don’t let me dissuade you from Odessa. It is still cool, and I too had been considering the Hel expander. IIRC it’s paraphonic, though, not polyphonic, and I believe the voices have to split up the partials amongst them, so bear that in mind if you most like what you hear from it when it is running monophonic and using more than a quarter/third/etc. of the partials.

I’d definitely love to hear it more often venture out into other tonalities, so if you happen upon anything, or create something, that does then please feel free to share it!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Video game cover song sequenced entirely with a NerdSeq (video) - by mvdirty - 01-09-2021, 04:56 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)