02-11-2021, 11:44 AM
I was doing some tests right now and got the following basic issues with 2 types of controllers:
Original Sega controllers are powered with 5 Volt and provide the controlling with 5 volt levels. All fine, working without any problem for years.
8Bit DO Wireless receiver: Does seem to work well properly when interfaced slower than the original speed. With original speed there seem to be occational 'ghost'- button presses. Also it does funny things with the voltages. While all is on a 5 volt level, it pulls the voltage of the select line down to 2 Volt (it is not suppose to touch it at all since it is a output). Controller lines are replied with 3,3 Volt (which should be 5 volt as well). I got to see how stable it would be in long term running on slower speed.
Retrobit controllers: Seem to work fine in the first place, but some cases reported that it fried suddenly. I just had exactly same issue and ended up in a dead controller. Doing some research and the sudden death of these controllers seem to be a more common issue. (check amazon reviews and more, not related to the nerdSEQ at all but with regular use with a sega console. I can't make any statements about how often this happens, but it does happen)
So I do not recommend the retrobit controllers.
Original Sega controllers are powered with 5 Volt and provide the controlling with 5 volt levels. All fine, working without any problem for years.
8Bit DO Wireless receiver: Does seem to work well properly when interfaced slower than the original speed. With original speed there seem to be occational 'ghost'- button presses. Also it does funny things with the voltages. While all is on a 5 volt level, it pulls the voltage of the select line down to 2 Volt (it is not suppose to touch it at all since it is a output). Controller lines are replied with 3,3 Volt (which should be 5 volt as well). I got to see how stable it would be in long term running on slower speed.
Retrobit controllers: Seem to work fine in the first place, but some cases reported that it fried suddenly. I just had exactly same issue and ended up in a dead controller. Doing some research and the sudden death of these controllers seem to be a more common issue. (check amazon reviews and more, not related to the nerdSEQ at all but with regular use with a sega console. I can't make any statements about how often this happens, but it does happen)
So I do not recommend the retrobit controllers.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!

