Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Random octave changes
#3
(03-21-2021, 12:44 AM)mgd Wrote: Not sure what I'm proposing is what you look for, but here I go Smile

I haven't actually tried it but my guess is it should work similar to:
- create a table that transposes 12 up or down
- add FX PRBT with the desired probability

You could also use FX TABL to start a transposition table. Together with PRF1/PRF2/PRF3/PRF4 you could attach a probability to it. If I understand it correctly that way you could select with preselected probabilities between up to 4 different tables and "no transposition at all" (i.e. 5 different ways to transpose).

When you wish to transpose the rest of a sequence until the end of the current pattern you could us FX BASE. Together with PRF1/PRF2/PRF3/PRF4 you could attach a probability to it. Again you could thus select between 4 different transpositions (plus "no change")

Kind regards,
Michael

Nice, I was thinking the tables might offer a solution, but alas, that won’t work for MIDI tracks yet (I believe!).  Thank you (I will try this out with some of my modular voices in the interim)!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Random octave changes - by sak-rwsd - 03-20-2021, 10:40 PM
RE: Random octave changes - by mgd - 03-21-2021, 12:44 AM
RE: Random octave changes - by sak-rwsd - 03-21-2021, 01:35 AM
RE: Random octave changes - by XORadmin - 03-24-2021, 08:40 PM
RE: Random octave changes - by mgd - 03-24-2021, 09:50 PM
RE: Random octave changes - by XORadmin - 03-24-2021, 09:56 PM
RE: Random octave changes - by sak-rwsd - 03-25-2021, 11:36 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)