Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Random octave changes
#7
Thanks so much - this works good enough for my purpose. Never used base notes before! I have to be a bit clever about finding space as I have multiple mono-synths being sequenced out of a single MIDI track (thank you!) and need to set the base note to 0 before and after if I only want the octave changes on particular steps. I’m already using the FX for other FX and the track cv/trig/mod outputs. So a little puzzle work, but I find that fun, once I’ve gotten a hang of how it all works a bit more. I think base note changes affect all MIDI notes/channels across the particular step, but that’s ok - adds to the variation so far. Would be nice to be able to target a particular note, but I guess the more common use would be to transpose whole sections.

P.S. I’m loving being able to use Envelopes & LFO’s from NERDSEQ to Ableton for fader and other parameter control. Probably a basic MIDI pleasure here, but I didn’t expect to be able to control my DAW (and MIDI-compatible pedals) from my modular (which keeps it a bit tighter, and interwoven with my sequences I find).
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Random octave changes - by sak-rwsd - 03-20-2021, 10:40 PM
RE: Random octave changes - by mgd - 03-21-2021, 12:44 AM
RE: Random octave changes - by sak-rwsd - 03-21-2021, 01:35 AM
RE: Random octave changes - by XORadmin - 03-24-2021, 08:40 PM
RE: Random octave changes - by mgd - 03-24-2021, 09:50 PM
RE: Random octave changes - by XORadmin - 03-24-2021, 09:56 PM
RE: Random octave changes - by sak-rwsd - 03-25-2021, 11:36 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)