03-31-2021, 11:59 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 12:09 AM by spilthyfred.)
(03-31-2021, 10:57 PM)mgd Wrote: But as I said, I've lost track of the details of the various proposals...
(03-29-2021, 06:45 PM)spilthyfred Wrote: Requested behavior when cloning a pattern:
1. the original one stays in its place
2. the clone populates at the first empty spot below it, and
3. the cursor also moves to this new position and the clone pattern is highlighted and "grabbed" so that you can then use the cursors to position the new pattern along the grid, then
4. press OK to execute.
The third part is just to position it elsewhere, but only if you want to. A more simple way to describe the behavior would be:
-Original pattern stays in its place
-Clone pattern goes to first empty spot below it, as does the cursor
-Press OK.... with the option of moving the new pattern elsewhere before doing so. It would have a different highlight color until you pressed OK
This would be an optional cloning behavior turned on in the setup menu. I think it would feel very smooth and seamless.

