04-01-2021, 04:43 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 04:55 PM by spilthyfred.)
(03-31-2021, 11:59 PM)spilthyfred Wrote: -Original pattern stays in its place
-Clone pattern goes to first empty spot below it, as does the cursor
-Press OK.... with the option of moving the new pattern elsewhere before doing so. It would have a different highlight color until you pressed OK
(04-01-2021, 09:28 AM)XORadmin Wrote: What would be the impact of this special cloning behaviour, (also from the developer view)? :
The main impact would be that the original pattern always stays in its place, and that the clone would always go where you wanted it, and with the most minimal button presses and no extra menus. 90% of the time I want my clone directly below, so this would BY FAR be the fastest way for me, and I'm sure others too.
From a developer point of view, I understand that a "grab" function would be a little bit difficult to implement, but I think it would be worth it. Again, this could be totally optional, so that the current behavior is still available to those who want it. Personally, I would always leave it on.
(04-01-2021, 09:28 AM)XORadmin Wrote: Also to mention that it would most probably not an obvious result if someone presses SHIFT+OK by accident (even if it would be another setup option, which will for sure be turned on by people without knowing the results). So the work for that would have quite an impact developerwise. It would also be different from the same functions for cloning tables or cloning patches.
It would be obvious because the cursor would follow and change color to indicate that you are about to place the pattern. I would want this cloning behavior for tables and patches too! It would work the same but with no left/right.
(04-01-2021, 09:28 AM)XORadmin Wrote: For now, there is the normal editing and in a marked situation.
There could also be a "grab" function in mark mode too (possibly via nerd menu), but this is beyond the scope of my request.
(04-01-2021, 09:28 AM)XORadmin Wrote: Let it sink a bit....
Ok, I will. But my idea and me are still good friends
(there were quite a few +1's too!)

