Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Alternate pattern cloning behavior
#22
(07-05-2021, 09:30 PM)spilthyfred Wrote: I keep thinking about this. I apologize if my original idea was too complicated. I just don't like that the clone replaces the original pattern.

Would it be possible to just have a setting for the clone to be placed directly below the pattern being cloned?

If there was already a pattern below, it would just overwrite that one instead.

(07-05-2021, 09:39 PM)mgd Wrote: FWIW I find this replacement behaviour exactly as I would expect it. I don't know what your workflow is, but mine is such that I have my original pattern and then I create a copy of that somewhere else, hit clone and change it. Done.

I know a lot of people are perfectly content with the current behavior, which is why I would like to see it as a setting. For what its worth I could see myself turning the setting back to original behavior for other applications...

For my usual workflow though, I almost ALWAYS want the cloned pattern below, so it would be quicker this way. Make a pattern, clone it, adjust, clone it again etc. etc.

With this setting enabled I wouldn't even have to think about it. No moving around to place original pattern before cloning. No searching for the pattern I wanted cloned. It would be one button press and the pattern would be where I want it. I could move to any pattern on the grid and just "make it happen".

I understand if this isn't your usual workflow.. but this would just be a setting to accommodate a workflow that I enjoy.

I feel it would be easy to implement, and easy to turn on/off.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternate pattern cloning behavior - by mgd - 03-29-2021, 06:59 PM
RE: Alternate pattern cloning behavior - by mgd - 03-31-2021, 10:57 PM
RE: Alternate pattern cloning behavior - by mgd - 04-01-2021, 05:55 AM
RE: Alternate pattern cloning behavior - by mgd - 07-05-2021, 09:39 PM
RE: Alternate pattern cloning behavior - by spilthyfred - 07-05-2021, 10:19 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)