Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
midi Song Position Pointer message problem
#3
(12-18-2021, 12:44 AM)XORadmin Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 08:42 PM)bik44 Wrote: Hello,
my main DAW is Pro Tools. It has such a "feature" that if it is looping, every time it starts the loop from the beginning it sends an SPP (Song Position Poiter) message "F2 00 00" and then Nerdseq stops! I can't play loop using midi clock from Pro Tools (possibly some other linear DAWs have the same "feature"). My other equipment, such as the Elektron machines and Erica Synths Black sequencer (lying on the shelf), do not stop.
Currently I am dealing with this way of filtering this message in BOME Midi Translator Pro but it is not a cool solution because it causes additional complications.
I would very much like to ask Nerseq to be insensitive to SPP (either permanently or by preference) or 
if there is any other solution?
I would be really grateful.

Hey. I am not aware of the NerdSEQ to stop or change on any SPP message.
I will check it out if they might be an issue.

To be precise the DAW when restarting the loop sends first a "stop message" 0xFC and then a "SPP" 0xF2 00 00. So I just filter out the 0xFC and then it works fine.
Propellerhead Reason and Cubase also send the same messages except that you can turn it off there.
I don't know what these messages are for and why some devices stop and others go on. Shouldn't it be that after 0xFC and 0xF0 the sequencer should keep playing?
If it is possible to do something about it, I would really appreciate it, if not, I can manage somehow. Anyway, Nerseq support jet the best in the world Smile
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: midi Song Position Pointer message problem - by bik44 - 12-18-2021, 10:45 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)