Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
thoughts on a compact set up?
#5
(02-14-2022, 06:00 PM)Friend of Dogs Wrote: Hello, Im starting to tire from big box set ups and wires.

I COMPLETELY understand this feeling.

(02-14-2022, 06:00 PM)Friend of Dogs Wrote: (battery powered would be very cool, though I don't know how possible), has built in speakers, is very low profile.

I always hear good things about this brand, from people running music gear on batteries. And not just for USB power outputs, as they’re recommended for their models with DC outputs or 120V AC outputs, a range of (beefy!) battery sizes, etc. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=krisdonia

(02-14-2022, 06:00 PM)Friend of Dogs Wrote: Thinking in modular grid of a 76hp, 4u (PulpLogic)

Have you considered a 104hp Palette? Great utilities built in, arguably better 1U, and should be deep enough for the things you are looking to mount, while being nice for the depth goal you mentioned. That and ~30 more hp for the 3U modules you’re still trying to figure out plus some space to spare.

(02-14-2022, 06:00 PM)Friend of Dogs Wrote: criticism is welcome.

If you insist Big Grin , and solely to play Devil’s Advocate: A NerdSEQ and a 301 are a very expensive way to replicate a mere fraction of a decent laptop. Buy a nice MacBook Pro or something in the Surface line. Install Renoise, or Bitwig and Redux, or whatever. Then maybe add a powerful little controller like a Faderfox EC4, especially full of win since your MG image includes zero hands-on controls as it is. Tongue

I am kidding, of course. But I’m also not, if only in terms of comparing and contrasting what one might gain, lose, or might initially neglect to include with one but more easily think of for the other, where by way of example above: that little 72 hp case seems to be leaving you without any physical control surface.

I’m sure that by now you’ve thought about it [“it” being hybrid or ITB,] I know I for one have wrestled plenty with thoughts of various trade-offs along that spectrum, and just had to put it out there.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
thoughts on a compact set up? - by Friend of Dogs - 02-14-2022, 06:00 PM
RE: thoughts on a compact set up? - by mgd - 02-14-2022, 06:43 PM
RE: thoughts on a compact set up? - by mvdirty - 02-15-2022, 03:54 PM
RE: thoughts on a compact set up? - by Demure - 02-15-2022, 09:22 PM
RE: thoughts on a compact set up? - by mvdirty - 02-16-2022, 04:34 PM
RE: thoughts on a compact set up? - by mvdirty - 02-17-2022, 03:40 PM
RE: thoughts on a compact set up? - by mvdirty - 02-22-2022, 03:55 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)