03-23-2022, 06:58 PM
(03-21-2022, 10:30 PM)mgd Wrote:(03-21-2022, 09:24 PM)Murcia Parker Wrote: Thanks for your help.
In the end the only thing that worked with Bitbox Micro in trigger mode has been repeated triggers from NerdSEQ. I used "11" triggers (see attached picture). Track setup without trigger delay. Pattern with CV and trigger at the same time.
I'm a bit confused. I don't know why this is the only thing that worked. And I don't know if the slice was triggered repeatedly (ON/OFF/ON/OFF) because it was so fast.
Could someone explain me what happens?
The Bitbox has way to many settings to know that.
To understand guess what might have happened there are a few things yet unknown. Here comes a short and probably incomplete list of questions:
- What are the envelopes set to? (e.g. short Attack/Decay and low Sustain?)
- What happens when you set the trigger to 02 (longer delay, then gate) followed by a gate off?
- Have you tried trigger lengths of e.g. 20 or 40?
- What ranges of trigger delay in the N3rd Menu have you tested?
- What type of sound is it that you try to play? (fast/slow attack, etc.)
- If possible try to look at things with a scope. I find that invaluable.
- What happens when you trigger the Bitbox from another trigger source?
- How do other sound sources react, when you send them the same triggers from the NerdSEQ?
I'm sure there are more...
Kind regards,
Michael
1) What are the envelopes set to? Envelopes are set to default values (Attack: 0.0% / Decay: 0.0% / Sustain: 100% / Release: 20.0%)
2) What happens when you set the trigger to 02 (longer delay, then gate) followed by a gate off? Erratic behavior
3) Have you tried trigger lengths of e.g. 20 or 40? Yes, I've tried these trigger lengths and I've got an erratic behavior
4) What ranges of trigger delay in the N3rd Menu have you tested? I've tested up to a "6A" delay
5) What type of sound is it that you try to play? (fast/slow attack, etc.) The sound of an arpegiatted clean electric guitar
6) If possible try to look at things with a scope. I find that invaluable. Yes, I think my next purchase will be the Mordax DATA. Right now, without it, I'm going crazy.
7) What happens when you trigger the Bitbox from another trigger source? I've tried to trigger the Bitbox from Clank Chaos gate signals and the slices were triggered every two Chaos pulses!! So it seems an odd Bitbox behavior. This explains why "11" triggers from NerdSEQ works well with the Bitbox Micro. So I guess I should address this question in the 1010Music forum. However if anyone here have an explanation and a solution, please, let me know!


