Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
random jump to label/conditional jumps/simple variables
#5
(03-31-2022, 12:34 PM)mgd Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 10:36 AM)a_table_saw Wrote: I've been playing around with SPFX 00C for a while.  I've found various uses for it- stochastic random melodies with different probabilities per note, or a random chance of jumping into several longer sequences.  What I'd really like to do, though, is have several 4-, 8-, or 16-step subsequences that I can randomly jump to the beginning of every time.

It'd be cool if there were an FX that functions like a 'label' would in C or some assembly languages that we could randomly jump to, then I could play random subsequences but it would always be in sync with other patterns.  Specifically, with no labels, a random jump may go to any step, but with any labels, there would be an equal probability of jumping to any of the labels.

I think you could achieve something close to the above by using the Markov chain pattern as described under Tips & Tricks.
Or I misunderstood what you are after...

Kind regards,
Michael

For a while, I misunderstood the STSP fx as being an immediate jump to the next pattern and having them on different steps would mean there might be rhythmic issues. But now I realize that it only takes effect on the last step in the sequence.  So yes, this actually is basically what I need.  Thanks.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: random jump to label/conditional jumps/simple variables - by a_table_saw - 04-07-2022, 02:19 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)