Okay, I think I'm starting to understand. Although I'm a newbie, I do come from a music programming background (SuperCollider*), and it seems confusing that an envelope is already there without you assigning it - although I do understand (now), after re-reading more closely the manual:
"Note that this is not an envelope generator within the Automators, but it rather uses the output of the integrated envelopes of the NerdSEQ to route into the Automators." page 74.
I'm going to go back to the module and see what you've explained.
BTW, I will try (later) to reproduce the original problem that i started this thread with - the SPFX random bit.
* = in Supercollider, there's no envelope until you make/create one and assign it.
"Note that this is not an envelope generator within the Automators, but it rather uses the output of the integrated envelopes of the NerdSEQ to route into the Automators." page 74.
I'm going to go back to the module and see what you've explained.
BTW, I will try (later) to reproduce the original problem that i started this thread with - the SPFX random bit.
* = in Supercollider, there's no envelope until you make/create one and assign it.

