Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[NO BUG] Auto Gate On not working
#2
(01-08-2023, 06:19 PM)Elektro GOWK Wrote: Hi,

I have a problem since a while with the Auto Gate On function. Even before the update 1.27c. I can’t remember when it started. I know it had worked once. When a note is played (single note in 64 Steps) the trigger output is set to 5V and stays there. I have to fill in a gate off, so it sets back to 0V.
The settings are
Auto Gate on Note is = ON
Auto Gate Timeout = 6 
Auto Fill in Trigger = OFF

What else could it be?

Ciao

I may misunderstand you, but to me it sounds you describe the behaviour as it should be. The difference between a trigger and a gate is exactly that the gate is ON as long as the note is on. So for the gate to stop you need to insert a note off. The Auto Gate Timeout sets the time The gate will go OFF automatically upon each new note. It is kind of an inverted trigger that happens just before the next note. When you want a "shorter gate" you either have to insert a note off or use a trigger.

To sum it up:
You do not need to fill in a gate off but a note off. Or use a trigger but triggers may not be what you are after.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you.

Kind regards,
Michael
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto Gate On not working - by mgd - 01-08-2023, 06:44 PM
RE: Auto Gate On not working - by XORadmin - 01-08-2023, 06:50 PM
RE: Auto Gate On not working - by Elektro GOWK - 01-08-2023, 09:50 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)