Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My issues with CV/Gate Expanders
#5
It's true, I could have documented myself BEFORE commiting. But as I said, since they are called expanders, I thought you could just assign any existing track to any output. As, for example, when I bought that 8 audio out expander card for my S2000 (it was at some point of the 20th century), I could all of a sudden route any of my existing programs to any output I fancied. And later on I bought the FX expander that was providing another pair of audio outputs, and here again, I could route any existing program to those 2 FX, and never had to use any new logic since the environement was the exact same :)
(No extra work, no head scratching, and if they had added more ways of creating programs that you could have implemented on top it would have been a bonus)

I must add that, the Akai S2000 had a rather simplistic chipset, no gigahertz there, it didn't even have any EPROM on it :)
(In the manual it said clearly that if you loose your boot floppy, you can use the sampler as a paper weight!!)

Would it be too much to have a sub menu on each track and to choose where we want them to go? (stupid question, me stupid, just a punk, you can shew me off!)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-04-2023, 10:44 AM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-05-2023, 06:26 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-07-2023, 08:59 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by mgd - 03-08-2023, 12:19 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-10-2023, 07:53 AM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by mgd - 03-10-2023, 01:40 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-13-2023, 09:13 AM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by mgd - 03-13-2023, 12:26 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-14-2023, 08:04 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-15-2023, 08:28 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by mgd - 03-15-2023, 09:38 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)