Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My issues with CV/Gate Expanders
#10
(03-10-2023, 07:53 AM)Renzki Wrote: [answers snipped]

@mgd

Thanks for your participation, I hope my answers to XORadmin have answered your questions. Let me know if you still don't unsderstand why I would like to have the Nerdseq to be able to route control signals on more than 2 outputs.

Yes, thank you. I think I have a better understanding now.

Thomas already commented so some of what I wish to add will be a doublicate Smile

I think you have not yet looked into the finer points as to how you can use the "only" 6 tracks (8 tracks to be precise as the audio tracks could function as CV16, Trigger16 or MIDI tracks as well).
FWIW each CV16 track gets 6 columns (I like to call them lanes) where you can send out *anything* out of the allocated 6 outs of the corresponding CV16. You also have 3 FX columns which allows for a total of 9 CV values/value changes sent out PER STEP. When you have slower moving/changing stuff/CVs you can use the FX columns to change even more CVs.

I have a project where I have 10 Note CVs and for each Note CV there is another CV on Envelope duty and yet another CV on overall volume (mixer control so to speak) duty. That's 30 CV that could change every step. For this I'm using 4 of the 8 available NerdSEQ tracks - 1/2 NerdSEQ if you wish to see it that way.

Those 4 tracks aren't fully utilized. I could have added another 2 Note CVs (plus modulation as above) aka another 6 CV - that space is unused. There's also plenty of "modulation headroom" left as I did not use most of the buildin LFOs of the CV16 expander and I tried not to use other CV outs (which would have been possible through the available FX).

What I want to say is that there may be a way to achieve what you are after by a different approach.
I'm happy to elaborate a bit more on how you can get more note and modulation CV from just a few tracks. Just ask Smile

There are things where I wish the NerdSEQ would do stuff differently. Lack of note and modulation CV IMO is not among them Smile
In my opinion there's no other sequencer in Eurorack that's even close to this.

DAWs are a different story and IMO an invalid comparison.
Some newer external sequencer start to come closer to what the NerdSEQ can do. W/r to note and modulation CV count I have not yet seen one that provides more.

Kind regards,
Michael
Reply


Messages In This Thread
My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-04-2023, 10:44 AM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-05-2023, 06:26 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-07-2023, 08:59 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by mgd - 03-08-2023, 12:19 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-10-2023, 07:53 AM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by mgd - 03-10-2023, 01:40 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-13-2023, 09:13 AM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by mgd - 03-13-2023, 12:26 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-14-2023, 08:04 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by Renzki - 03-15-2023, 08:28 PM
RE: My issues with CV/Gate Expanders - by mgd - 03-15-2023, 09:38 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)