Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Set Pattern Length's in Ticks
#8
Thinking about it a bit more I guess if it is possible like this and stay in sync at the same time.
Just an easy calculation: lets assume a 16 step pattern each step 6 groove ticks (96 tiks for the pattern) half played = 48 ticks. If I would change to 15 steps then it would be 7 ticks per step and the last step 2 ticks. Even if I would average it out (which would be quite a calculating thing I guess) I would not have the same amount of ticks left that i would have for a regular 16 step pattern.

2 pitfalls here then:
- Averaging out to the new patternlength
- getting to the exact position while taking care of any possible manipulating functions so it will stay with the rest amount of ticks

I think I got to play with it and try to create some averaging algorithm. Surely not for the upcoming version.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by LeeScan - 08-02-2023, 04:18 PM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by XORadmin - 08-02-2023, 04:48 PM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by LeeScan - 08-02-2023, 07:47 PM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by XORadmin - 08-03-2023, 07:01 AM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by LeeScan - 08-03-2023, 03:14 PM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by XORadmin - 08-03-2023, 03:49 PM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by yrn1 - 08-03-2023, 07:51 PM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by XORadmin - 08-18-2023, 05:12 PM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by yrn1 - 08-18-2023, 05:36 PM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by XORadmin - 08-18-2023, 05:49 PM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by yrn1 - 08-18-2023, 07:13 PM
RE: Set Pattern Length's in Ticks - by XORadmin - 08-18-2023, 08:33 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)