Posts: 6
Threads: 0
Joined: Mar 2019
Reputation:
0
(12-16-2023, 12:12 AM)EEE Wrote: Hi, Could you tell me when is the final manual including the contents of Firmware V2.0 likely to be released?
I'm about to start learning Nerdseq, but I'm mainly most interested in controlling the ER-301 with an i2c connection.
The expander for that purpose arrived safely, so I'm waiting for the final manual to be released. I would like to print it out, compile into a booklet and read it carefully 
Probably a waste of paper to print a 100+ page manual of a constantly changing and updating product. Probably better off just compiling all the new features and shortcuts into a lost of some sort! I bought the nerdseq shortly after it came out and today it's a totally different product with a very different manual to today!
That's the beauty of the nerdseq, it seems to always be expanding and changing!
Posts: 6
Threads: 0
Joined: Oct 2023
Reputation:
0
12-16-2023, 12:31 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2023, 12:33 PM by Avaruuskettu.)
(12-16-2023, 03:37 AM)cor909 Wrote: (12-16-2023, 12:12 AM)EEE Wrote: Hi, Could you tell me when is the final manual including the contents of Firmware V2.0 likely to be released?
I'm about to start learning Nerdseq, but I'm mainly most interested in controlling the ER-301 with an i2c connection.
The expander for that purpose arrived safely, so I'm waiting for the final manual to be released. I would like to print it out, compile into a booklet and read it carefully 
Probably a waste of paper to print a 100+ page manual of a constantly changing and updating product. Probably better off just compiling all the new features and shortcuts into a lost of some sort! I bought the nerdseq shortly after it came out and today it's a totally different product with a very different manual to today!
That's the beauty of the nerdseq, it seems to always be expanding and changing! I do apperciate the desire to read whole manuals.  I sent the PDF to my epaper reader. It's eye friendly and easier to hold than a print. It also has the ability to highlight and annotate, and then export those for compiling in to a summary.
Posts: 4.126
Threads: 138
Joined: Jul 2017
Reputation:
247
I think everything about the ER301 implementation is already covered in the preliminary manual.
Probably 1-2 more sentences and some corrections.
Me personally I definitely discourage printing the manual. It changes always and everything that can save the environmental impact is welcome. But of course if you can concentrate much better on paper then that is for you the way to go.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Posts: 478
Threads: 58
Joined: Dec 2020
Reputation:
35
Hi Nerds,
I'm still trying to figure out how to play my distingEx via I2C. Preferably Poly Wavetable but SD Multisample, Macro Oscillator 2 or Poly FM would do as well. Has anybody of you guys got this to work and would be willing to share a simple project showing how to do it? And if there are special settings on the side of the distingEx provide these too?
Kind regards,
Michael
Posts: 13
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2023
Reputation:
0
(12-16-2023, 02:35 PM)mgd Wrote: Hi Nerds,
I'm still trying to figure out how to play my distingEx via I2C. Preferably Poly Wavetable but SD Multisample, Macro Oscillator 2 or Poly FM would do as well. Has anybody of you guys got this to work and would be willing to share a simple project showing how to do it? And if there are special settings on the side of the distingEx provide these too?
Kind regards,
Michael
Hi Michael,
I thought someone would have answered you by now;
Have you been able to connect any i2c device and communicate with it successfully?
I haven't done much with yet but I have been able to change values on Macro Oscillator.
PM me if you like and I will walk you through my setup : D
Posts: 4.126
Threads: 138
Joined: Jul 2017
Reputation:
247
(12-16-2023, 10:28 PM)dborowik Wrote: (12-16-2023, 02:35 PM)mgd Wrote: Hi Nerds,
I'm still trying to figure out how to play my distingEx via I2C. Preferably Poly Wavetable but SD Multisample, Macro Oscillator 2 or Poly FM would do as well. Has anybody of you guys got this to work and would be willing to share a simple project showing how to do it? And if there are special settings on the side of the distingEx provide these too?
Kind regards,
Michael
Hi Michael,
I thought someone would have answered you by now;
Have you been able to connect any i2c device and communicate with it successfully?
I haven't done much with yet but I have been able to change values on Macro Oscillator.
PM me if you like and I will walk you through my setup : D
I just unpacked a new distingEX, updated to the latest firmware. Checked the I2C Address which was 0x31 by default.
I2C Cable connected and using the 3.3V Pullup of the Multi-IO, pullup in the disting disabled.
NerdSEQ set up to I2C PortA -> Out
Pattern I2C/Multi. Columns 1-3 set to A-EX.VPL 31 1-3
Just works, PolyFM.
Project attached.
EX31.NRD (Size: 438,5 KB / Downloads: 7)
If that doesn't work with you Michael, then lets try a loopback test to see if the ports are working.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Posts: 478
Threads: 58
Joined: Dec 2020
Reputation:
35
12-17-2023, 10:16 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2023, 10:25 AM by mgd.)
(12-16-2023, 10:28 PM)dborowik Wrote: (12-16-2023, 02:35 PM)mgd Wrote: Hi Nerds,
I'm still trying to figure out how to play my distingEx via I2C. Preferably Poly Wavetable but SD Multisample, Macro Oscillator 2 or Poly FM would do as well. Has anybody of you guys got this to work and would be willing to share a simple project showing how to do it? And if there are special settings on the side of the distingEx provide these too?
Kind regards,
Michael
Hi Michael,
I thought someone would have answered you by now;
Have you been able to connect any i2c device and communicate with it successfully?
I haven't done much with yet but I have been able to change values on Macro Oscillator.
PM me if you like and I will walk you through my setup : D
Thanks for that offer - I just read this together with Thomas's answer. I'm trying Thomas's project first and hopefully will continue from there.
Kind regards,
Michael
(12-16-2023, 11:06 PM)XORadmin Wrote: I just unpacked a new distingEX, updated to the latest firmware. Checked the I2C Address which was 0x31 by default.
I2C Cable connected and using the 3.3V Pullup of the Multi-IO, pullup in the disting disabled.
NerdSEQ set up to I2C PortA -> Out
Pattern I2C/Multi. Columns 1-3 set to A-EX.VPL 31 1-3
Just works, PolyFM.
Project attached.
If that doesn't work with you Michael, then lets try a loopback test to see if the ports are working.
Thanks for providing this project.
Loaded the project. No sound from the distingEx. Looking into it it basically does what I had tried myself (so not only a stupid user error  ).
How would I do the loopback test?
Connect I2C A with I2C B is the easy part. Which settings on the NerdSEQ?
Kind regards,
Michael
Posts: 4.126
Threads: 138
Joined: Jul 2017
Reputation:
247
(12-17-2023, 10:16 AM)mgd Wrote: Thanks for providing this project.
Loaded the project. No sound from the distingEx. Looking into it it basically does what I had tried myself (so not only a stupid user error ).
How would I do the loopback test?
Connect I2C A with I2C B is the easy part. Which settings on the NerdSEQ?
Kind regards,
Michael
Indeed, connect the 3 lines to each other.
Use only 1 pullup to 3.3V (doesn't matter which one...you can try also to swap to the other one on a 2nd test).
Load the project and play the pattern. Both LED should flash and in the mapping screen you see the 'loopback' reception in the first line 000 466 6AA B99.
If that works, try the other way around (set the I2C Port A to 16n->NS and port B to out. Change in the track setup to B-SC.CV)
LOOPBACK.NRD (Size: 438,5 KB / Downloads: 1)
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Joined: Nov 2023
Reputation:
0
12-18-2023, 01:12 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 09:01 AM by XORadmin.)
(12-16-2023, 01:13 PM)XOR Wrote: ER301 ....
Translated:
thank you. I appreciate Nerdseq's regular updates. I understand what you say. By the way, I'm not good at reading English, so I have to convert device manuals into a language that's easier for me to read. At times like this, I can't concentrate unless I take notes on paper. I usually try to recycle junk items and use recycled items, so please bear with me when it comes to equipment manuals. It looks like the current manual is almost complete, so I'd like to read it carefully. Once you understand the basic functions, you will be able to understand just the updated part of the online manual :)
Posts: 478
Threads: 58
Joined: Dec 2020
Reputation:
35
(12-17-2023, 12:27 PM)XORadmin Wrote: (12-17-2023, 10:16 AM)mgd Wrote: Thanks for providing this project.
Loaded the project. No sound from the distingEx. Looking into it it basically does what I had tried myself (so not only a stupid user error ).
How would I do the loopback test?
Connect I2C A with I2C B is the easy part. Which settings on the NerdSEQ?
Kind regards,
Michael
Indeed, connect the 3 lines to each other.
Use only 1 pullup to 3.3V (doesn't matter which one...you can try also to swap to the other one on a 2nd test).
Load the project and play the pattern. Both LED should flash and in the mapping screen you see the 'loopback' reception in the first line 000 466 6AA B99.
If that works, try the other way around (set the I2C Port A to 16n->NS and port B to out. Change in the track setup to B-SC.CV)
I've tried that and neither do either LED flash, nor do I see any change in the first line in the mapping screen. I tried both A -> B and B -> A (with changed track setup). I verified that the 3 cables are correctly connected to their corresponding pins. Pull-up removed on B and 3.3V on A.
I then swapped the MIDI cable to see if that makes any difference - none visible.
What I also realized: How do I actually check that the NerdSEQ "sees" the Multi-I/O expander?
At one point I completely removed the MIDI cable between the two and AFAICT everything looked and behaved the same w/r to booting and looking into menus etc.
Kind regards,
Michael
|