Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Release Candidate Firmware V3.01 RC1
#21
Bug report:

On a modular track using Linear ADSR Envelope triggered by the tracks gate, when I trigger the envelope on step 02 and close it on step 33 on a pattern, the envelope behaves as it should. On another pattern, when triggering the envelope on step 16, and closing it on step 48, the envelope doesn't close.

When I switched back to firmware version 3.0 and didn't change anything in the project, the envelope on the second pattern behaves as it should.
Reply
#22
(04-08-2026, 11:28 AM)heyitsme Wrote: Bug report:

On a modular track using Linear ADSR Envelope triggered by the tracks gate, when I trigger the envelope on step 02 and close it on step 33 on a pattern, the envelope behaves as it should. On another pattern, when triggering the envelope on step 16, and closing it on step 48, the envelope doesn't close.

When I switched back to firmware version 3.0 and didn't change anything in the project, the envelope on the second pattern behaves as it should.

How do you trigger the envelope? And is it a 1 shot or a AD-SR one (because one uses trigger the other one uses gates).
I did some fixes with the envelopes which maybe introduces some other side-effect.

Just one thing, It is possible that you get weird side effects with your project if you use a 3.01 version with a V3.0 firmware. This is not your issue right now but in general something you should not forget when testing side-by-side.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#23
hey thomas, in cv 16 track type the tt2 command isn't behaving as expected, no trigger is being sent out of the expander. by chance i noticed that the trigger was being sent out of the modular output of track 1 though.

edit: I've confirmed this is also present on firmware v2.02A, so it doesn't appear to be a recent regression.

Setup: CV16 expander (total of 4 cv 16 expanders connected, issue present with each of them), track assigned to CV16 track type, TT2 ext output 1 column, cable patched from CV16 expander output to external module trigger input.

I also wanted to ask a broader question. I'm trying to use the NerdSEQ as a reliable foundation for live performance and music production, and I keep running into unexpected behaviour with basic functionality — this trigger issue being the latest example. Could you advise on the most stable way to work with the NerdSEQ productively right now? Specifically:

- Which firmware version do you consider most stable for day to day use?
- Are there track types or expander combinations that are more reliable than others at this point — for example, are CV16 expanders more prone to edge case bugs than standard modular tracks?
- Are there known limitations or workarounds I should be aware of before investing time building patches around specific features?

I want to get the most out of the NerdSEQ and I'm committed to learning it properly, but it would really help to know which parts of the system are battle-tested versus still in active development.

Happy to provide more detail on the trigger issue or test specific scenarios if helpful. Thanks for your time.
Reply
#24
(04-12-2026, 01:43 PM)chriswest Wrote: hey thomas, in cv 16 track type the tt2 command isn't behaving as expected, no trigger is being sent out of the expander. by chance i noticed that the trigger was being sent out of the modular output of track 1 though.

edit: I've confirmed this is also present on firmware v2.02A, so it doesn't appear to be a recent regression.

Setup: CV16 expander (total of 4 cv 16 expanders connected, issue present with each of them), track assigned to CV16 track type, TT2 ext output 1 column, cable patched from CV16 expander output to external module trigger input.

I also wanted to ask a broader question. I'm trying to use the NerdSEQ as a reliable foundation for live performance and music production, and I keep running into unexpected behaviour with basic functionality — this trigger issue being the latest example. Could you advise on the most stable way to work with the NerdSEQ productively right now? Specifically:

- Which firmware version do you consider most stable for day to day use?
- Are there track types or expander combinations that are more reliable than others at this point — for example, are CV16 expanders more prone to edge case bugs than standard modular tracks?
- Are there known limitations or workarounds I should be aware of before investing time building patches around specific features?

I want to get the most out of the NerdSEQ and I'm committed to learning it properly, but it would really help to know which parts of the system are battle-tested versus still in active development.

Happy to provide more detail on the trigger issue or test specific scenarios if helpful. Thanks for your time.

There is no issue with the trigger commands. The TT2 and the other TTx and TDx commands in the CV16 Note columns work for the local trigger/gate outputs of the NerdSEQ. That works as expected. 
(See page 76 in the manual)

What unexpected behaviour are you talking about beside that? The versions which are not release candidates are generally stable and fine to use and used in productive and live environments by many people. Surely edge case bugs appear from time to time which I try to reproduce and fix generally. 

I am currently collecting and checking all the reports for this release candidate and will do another RC update sometime next week (when I am back from Synthfest France). Release is scheduled for the end of the month.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#25
(04-11-2026, 09:17 AM)XORadmin Wrote:
(04-08-2026, 11:28 AM)heyitsme Wrote: Bug report:

On a modular track using Linear ADSR Envelope triggered by the tracks gate, when I trigger the envelope on step 02 and close it on step 33 on a pattern, the envelope behaves as it should. On another pattern, when triggering the envelope on step 16, and closing it on step 48, the envelope doesn't close.

When I switched back to firmware version 3.0 and didn't change anything in the project, the envelope on the second pattern behaves as it should.

How do you trigger the envelope? And is it a 1 shot or a AD-SR one (because one uses trigger the other one uses gates).
I did some fixes with the envelopes which maybe introduces some other side-effect.

Just one thing, It is possible that you get weird side effects with your project if you use a 3.01 version with a V3.0 firmware. This is not your issue right now but in general something you should not forget when testing side-by-side.

It’s an AD-SR envelope that I trigger with a gate. Regarding you last question, in this case it was a v.3 project on a 3.0.1 firmware so yeah it may have an effect on the envelope behaviour
Reply
#26
Hi Thomas
I have just got a More Video IO from Elevator Sounds. Updated the firmware and all working as it should except: the Keyboard key combo's for mute/unmute and solo/unsolo are not working for individual Trigger16 tracks in the pattern screen.
Ctrl + F1-F8
ALT + F1-F8

Please can you confirm if this is working for this RC
Cheers
Bernard

Edited to correct key combos Undecided
Reply
#27
(05-14-2026, 08:18 AM)Barney Rubble Wrote: Hi Thomas
I have just got a More Video IO from Elevator Sounds. Updated the firmware and all working as it should except: the Keyboard key combo's for mute/unmute and solo/unsolo are not working for individual Trigger16 tracks in the pattern screen.
Ctrl + F1-F8
ALT + F1-F8

Please can you confirm if this is working for this RC
Cheers
Bernard

Edited to correct key combos Undecided

I didn’t add this in the RC for sure so if it hasn’t been in there with the 3.0 then it’s not in here as well. I didn’t know actually. But I will keep up finishing the RC next week and will add this non working aka missing feature. It’ll be there for the release.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#28
Looking forward to this!
Reply
#29
(04-13-2026, 10:48 AM)heyitsme Wrote:
(04-11-2026, 09:17 AM)XORadmin Wrote:
(04-08-2026, 11:28 AM)heyitsme Wrote: Bug report:

On a modular track using Linear ADSR Envelope triggered by the tracks gate, when I trigger the envelope on step 02 and close it on step 33 on a pattern, the envelope behaves as it should. On another pattern, when triggering the envelope on step 16, and closing it on step 48, the envelope doesn't close.

When I switched back to firmware version 3.0 and didn't change anything in the project, the envelope on the second pattern behaves as it should.

How do you trigger the envelope? And is it a 1 shot or a AD-SR one (because one uses trigger the other one uses gates).
I did some fixes with the envelopes which maybe introduces some other side-effect.

Just one thing, It is possible that you get weird side effects with your project if you use a 3.01 version with a V3.0 firmware. This is not your issue right now but in general something you should not forget when testing side-by-side.

It’s an AD-SR envelope that I trigger with a gate. Regarding you last question, in this case it was a v.3 project on a 3.0.1 firmware so yeah it may have an effect on the envelope behaviour

I didn't find any issue with the envelopes. For me they run as advertised. AD-SR, using the gating as you explained and different envelope curves and in both descriptions it behaves as it should.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#30
I fixed the reported issues and added some new features, give it another go in the new V3.01 RC4 thread:
https://forum.xor.eu/showthread.php?tid=2096
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)