Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Track shifting & sync
#1

Hi,
I didn't find any way to do track shifting with the Nerdseq ?
I do it with the eloquencer and I'd like to synchronize the tracks of both sequencers...
Maybe a feature for a future firmware ? [Image: icon_hail.gif]
Reply
#2
(02-11-2019, 02:49 PM)DMAK Wrote:
Hi,
I didn't find any way to do track shifting with the Nerdseq ?
I do it with the eloquencer and I'd like to synchronize the tracks of both sequencers...
Maybe a feature for a future firmware ? [Image: icon_hail.gif]

Hi there

what's track shifting?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#3
Hey !
This is the ability to offset triggers.
Here is an example of a 16 steps drum beat, 4 tracks all shifted with an lfo : https://www.instagram.com/p/BtjncSQoDBs/
Reply
#4
I can't get exactly (and hear) out what it's doing in the video. But checking elo's manual it is like this i guess:
Imagine a 16 step sequence where 1 are triggers and 0 are offs.
1011001010101010
Shifting one to the right then:
0101100101010101
Am i right? And it can be archieved by either track setup or CV with the Elo.

It is not possible with the NerdSEQ. And if i would add shift options, then it would be fore the whole 64 steps currently and would change the pattern.
It wouldn't make sense then on 16 step patterns currently. So when i introduce patternlengths (beyond the brk commands) then it would make more sense, but still, it would change the patterns. It's not easily possible to just change the play routine so it plays shifted. And i don't see it as a priority either at the moment.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#5
You're right but the point is you never get the same sequence.
Starting with a very basic sequence, you just need to add an lfo and you can get a constant evolving and complexe sequence.
Very powerfull trick.
But I get your point and I addressed this issue by recording shifted sequences in the Nerdseq.
Reply
#6
(02-18-2019, 09:07 PM)DMAK Wrote: You're right but the point is you never get the same sequence.
Starting with a very basic sequence, you just need to add an lfo and you can get a constant evolving and complexe sequence.
Very powerfull trick.
But I get your point and I addressed this issue by recording shifted sequences in the Nerdseq.

I think i got to play a bit with the eloquencer to really understand the power of what you mean Smile
I will do that at some point, but not at the moment though.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#7
Thumbs Up 
Cool [Image: thumbsup.png]
Reply
#8
shifting would also come in handy when you record notes on the fly but want to move the melodies starting point.
Reply
#9
(02-22-2020, 01:28 PM)ello Wrote: shifting would also come in handy when you record notes on the fly but want to move the melodies starting point.

But he is talking about shifting with wrap over. I think it is not the best option to correct a live playing starting point. The mark/copy+shift/delete options seem the better ones for me for that.

In fact, there is the shifting option with the trigger16 drummatrix. Here a shortcut does the work.
I got to check if the same keys are available with the other tracks.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#10
to me it often happens that when i play on my keyboard, that i start in the middle of a pattern and it loops ok. but when i restart the pattern the melody starts from the middle. this is where such a shifting function would come in handy, of course notes that overflow should wrap around, too.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)