12-27-2018, 05:22 PM
So excited for these! Will the cv expanders follow the uni/bipolar switches on the main unit?
|
Expanders
|
|
12-27-2018, 05:22 PM
So excited for these! Will the cv expanders follow the uni/bipolar switches on the main unit?
01-01-2019, 05:08 PM
That's great news - very much looking forward to have my nerdseq's full potential unleashed !
01-01-2019, 07:11 PM
can't wait
01-01-2019, 07:29 PM
(12-27-2018, 05:22 PM)Gimber Wrote: So excited for these! Will the cv expanders follow the uni/bipolar switches on the main unit? The CV expanders have their own switches for pairs of 2 outputs.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
01-18-2019, 05:47 AM
How will the matrix unit work? Do you have plans for NAMM?
03-20-2019, 04:18 AM
Hi, will the Triggers Expander be able to put out triggers of its own? Like for example, is there a different page on the Nerdseq for the extra triggers module, and am I able to put out triggers independently of the 6 main tracks? Or is it just more of the same triggers from the original 6 tracks? My plan would be to use the Triggers Expander mostly for drum sequencing with my drum modules and to use the regular 6 tracks and triggers for the rest of my rack. Will this be possible at all? It would be super awesome!
03-20-2019, 09:23 AM
(03-20-2019, 04:18 AM)spilthyfred Wrote: Hi, will the Triggers Expander be able to put out triggers of its own? Like for example, is there a different page on the Nerdseq for the extra triggers module, and am I able to put out triggers independently of the 6 main tracks? Or is it just more of the same triggers from the original 6 tracks? My plan would be to use the Triggers Expander mostly for drum sequencing with my drum modules and to use the regular 6 tracks and triggers for the rest of my rack. Will this be possible at all? It would be super awesome! There won't be any extra tracks. Beside that there is simply not enough memory for it, there is also not enough space on the sequencer screen for more tracks and i want to have all tracks visible on the sequencer screen. More tracks is something for NerdSEQ 2 (if i will ever make it) and for the NerdSynth. You can freely decide on which of the 6 modular tracks the expanders should be routed to (even one expander onto multiple tracks). Then you get a new pattern screen dedicated for the expander. For example for the Trigger expander, you get a drum matrix to access 8 triggers per screen directly, with the same functions as the local triggers. Also FX columns are available which also have all regular track FX, so you can still full control also the 6 main tracks from there. Sostill nearly full control for all the 6 main tracks. I will make a demonstration video very soon to show what to expect. I'm working very hard to get the last things ready.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
03-24-2019, 01:17 AM
(03-20-2019, 09:23 AM)XORadmin Wrote:(03-20-2019, 04:18 AM)spilthyfred Wrote: Hi, will the Triggers Expander be able to put out triggers of its own? Like for example, is there a different page on the Nerdseq for the extra triggers module, and am I able to put out triggers independently of the 6 main tracks? Or is it just more of the same triggers from the original 6 tracks? My plan would be to use the Triggers Expander mostly for drum sequencing with my drum modules and to use the regular 6 tracks and triggers for the rest of my rack. Will this be possible at all? It would be super awesome! Oh ok! That makes a lot more sense to me now. So essentially I could put say 8 triggers from the expander onto one track, and then sequence an entire set of drum modules from within a sub-menu or pattern screen for that track / and then put the other triggers onto a couple other tracks to send out to other modules to trigger modulation duties or whatever? I hope I am understanding this correctly because that sounds incredibly powerful! I very much look forward to the demonstration videos coming up! I am still having a little trouble wrapping my head around how the CV expander can be used. I am assuming it would be used just to put note information out and not stuff like the internal LFO parameters. So for instance I could maybe create harmonies within one track by putting out multiple different notes out at the same and sending them to different v/oct inputs? Thank you very much for your quick reply, and for all the hard work you are putting into this product. The NerdSeq is the most EXCITING sequencer I have come across, hands down. I smile from ear to ear every time I think about all the things I can do with this sequencer. I am finally ordering one tonight!!! P.S. One more quick question. Do you plan on releasing an expander with 8 x CV outputs and 8 x Trigger outputs on one module? I am sure it would be a popular option for a lot of people that don't have super large setups..
03-24-2019, 08:20 AM
Quote:So essentially I could put say 8 triggers from the expander onto one track, and then sequence an entire set of drum modules from within a sub-menu or pattern screen for that track / and then put the other triggers onto a couple other tracks to send out to other modules to trigger modulation duties or whatever? I hope I am understanding this correctly because that sounds incredibly powerful! I very much look forward to the demonstration videos coming up! Yes sort of. No sub-menu work, direct access from the pattern screen. But easy, dedicate 3 tracks to 1 expander and use 3 tracks to control 3 different drum-sets... Quote:I am still having a little trouble wrapping my head around how the CV expander can be used. I am assuming it would be used just to put note information out and not stuff like the internal LFO parameters. So for instance I could maybe create harmonies within one track by putting out multiple different notes out at the same and sending them to different v/oct inputs? Yes, notes to create harmonies. The pattern screen for these have 8 direct note columns for that and you will be able to split one expander to multiple tracks, so you could control a whole polyphonic orchestra ![]() I am not sure about the LFO/Automator stuff. It is possible that it uses too much ressources and might so slow down things. I will try that and if possible, i will add it. It not, then not. For sure anyway, one can still use the local stuff for the automations on that track. Quote:P.S. One more quick question. Do you plan on releasing an expander with 8 x CV outputs and 8 x Trigger outputs on one module? I am sure it would be a popular option for a lot of people that don't have super large setups. No 8CV x 8 Trigger . But a 6CV 2 Trigger one is coming as well. That then on 6HP. (the others are 8 HP)
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|