Posts: 54
Threads: 12
Joined: Feb 2020
Reputation:
1
(11-27-2019, 10:49 AM)XORadmin Wrote: (11-27-2019, 05:55 AM)Johnny Wrote: I have been waiting some proper support for my SEGA controller almost two years now. Not happening, it's on 2nd important to do list.
And in the same time there is full blast and support for Launch Pad.
I mean, I was about to buy a Launch Pad but then I thought about this situation and skipped it!
I have initially bought IO-expander and SEGA controller...like I said, almost two years ago.
Weird policy XOR has for updates.
Nothing negative, just my thoughts.. Peace!!
//Johnny
Hey Johnny,
i totally understand your issue and i'm very sorry for it. But things changed a lot since then and the priority list keeps changing.
You follow also all the development and this forum since a while and see that loads of features have been requested and many of these were implemented while some are still pending. You got now much more than 2 years ago and you will keep getting more. And at some point also the implementation for the additional 3 Gamepad buttons.
I think for the majority this is not a priority feature at all. Also seeing the feedback, talking with people at fairs and showing the features and the gamepad stuff showed me less interrest to that. That's why it was lowered in priorities.
As for other features that found their way into the project which might not be a priority thing: Some things can be implemented more easy than other things, and sometimes i just like to play with ideas which end up in the Project, mostly very welcomed by the users. That is one thing i get motivation out of and that is very important to me!!!!! And i plan to keep it like this. But also popular features need often higher priority...i still got to keep selling modules in the end.
This is not a module that gets developed, gets maybe a bugfix once (if at all) and left unsupported and features as is.
XOR is only me alone and i work hard to keep pleasing you all and myself with the development. But i can't satisfy anyone at all times.
So please stay tuned, it'll be there...
+1 on requesting the gamepad functionality to completed, also have a large vertical case, this would be great for live use along with studio. No pressure, just saying, it was the reason I purchased the expander. Thanks for all the hard work.
Posts: 54
Threads: 12
Joined: Feb 2020
Reputation:
1
03-09-2020, 03:01 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2020, 03:06 PM by Terekki.)
Ordered this one, it arrived, just tested it and it works:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H...UTF8&psc=1
D
(04-23-2019, 08:10 PM)thread Wrote: I loved the NerdSeq buttons when I used it flat & in front of me, but now that I have moved it to the bigger rack and got my 8BitDo M30, I do believe this gamepad will be more ergonomic. It would be ok in other configurations, but my system is vertical and using the Nerd feels like reaching... I think the gamepad is a fantastic idea to give users more options to use the sequencer comfortably and I'm really looking forward to the updates on this.
The big one is being able to move between the pages of the UI. Just mapping something to this function I think would suddenly make this really usable.
And the full customizability that Thomas mentioned sounds amazing!
Big props for the innovation here. You just don't see other module makers on this level.
... even two buttons mapped to 'Sequencer' and 'Pattern' would be a huge addition and would be so handy.
Posts: 4
Threads: 2
Joined: Apr 2019
Reputation:
1
05-13-2020, 09:19 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 09:20 PM by wavedepletion.)
Just adding my +1, would also love to see the gamepad fully integrated! I have a Sega Genesis controller but have been holding off on the expander for now. If I could perform all (or most) programming functions from a controller that would be amazing, especially for ergonomic reasons. I tend to spend many hours inputting and perfecting long sequences, and being able to sit back and not lean or bend over my system, or having to keep my arms up for long periods of time while interacting with the module would be a big help.
Posts: 44
Threads: 17
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
0
I have the Sega controller and the IO Expander and if I could map the NerdSeq's Project button to the controller's X, Y, or Z button, I would have everything I need to control NerdSeq performance remotely. If you don't have time to get around to implementing the button mapping feature, could you at least default X, Y and Z to Project, Up and Down?
Posts: 10
Threads: 2
Joined: Aug 2020
Reputation:
1
I would also really appreciate proper gamepad support. I have spine/back issues and programming on the SEQ, while great (love tactile keys), is not comfortable for me for very long. A gamepad would be much more ergonomic for extended sessions. 8 button controller support would be the best with the left and right shoulder buttons.
My preferred workflow would be to have video out with a controller in the same expander (maybe the HDMI/USB), I could physically set up my patch then sit back and compose/sequence with a controller on the screen, almost like a music making video game.
Anyway I know you are busy and appreciate everything you've done so far, got my SEQ a couple months ago and really liking it!
Posts: 4.125
Threads: 138
Joined: Jul 2017
Reputation:
247
I am working on it but all step by step.
And I’m sure it will fulfill all your needs!
Just FYI: the standard Sega controllers don’t have shoulder buttons. So the other 3 buttons + free assignment is all i can do for the sega port.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Posts: 10
Threads: 2
Joined: Aug 2020
Reputation:
1
(11-01-2020, 11:26 AM)XORadmin Wrote: I am working on it but all step by step.
And I’m sure it will fulfill all your needs!
Just FYI: the standard Sega controllers don’t have shoulder buttons. So the other 3 buttons + free assignment is all i can do for the sega port.
Thanks Thomas!
Posts: 4.125
Threads: 138
Joined: Jul 2017
Reputation:
247
Anybody who has non-original gamepads working? And which ones are these then?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Posts: 47
Threads: 10
Joined: Jan 2020
Reputation:
0
Not sure about what is a non-original gamepad, but at least
Retro-Bit SEGA Mega Drive 6-button Arcade Pad
works. But maybe you mean something with, say, shoulder buttons?
Posts: 4.125
Threads: 138
Joined: Jul 2017
Reputation:
247
(11-06-2020, 10:32 PM)josker Wrote: Not sure about what is a non-original gamepad, but at least
Retro-Bit SEGA Mega Drive 6-button Arcade Pad
works. But maybe you mean something with, say, shoulder buttons?
Ok thats not original, fine!
Any more with other controllers except for the original ones?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
|