Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Single row probability
#1
I feel a bit like a noob asking this, but there must be something I’m missing. I have a sequence with notes and triggers. Now I want to have just one row (so both the note value change and the trigger) skipped every now and then. So I set row probability for this row to something low and back to max on the next row. E.g.

1: C3 40
2: D3 40
3: E3 40 row prob 10
4: C3 40 row prob 64
5: …


This of course doesn’t work, because the first probability change (row 3) also applies to the following rows, including the one that sets it back to max, row 4. So if that one doesn’t get executed, then all rows in the sequence play with lower probability until it happens that row 4 passes the probability test and gets executed.


Changing only trigger probability is no good, because those are long-ringing notes. And afaik there is no way to get a trigger and cv probability synced.

So, my question again: how do I change row probability of just a single row?

Thanks for any help!
Reply
#2
Put the probability in FX column 4.
Reply
#3
Yes the last FX is always excluded from the row probability. Neat he :-)
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#4
(03-07-2022, 06:44 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Yes the last FX is always excluded from the row probability. Neat he :-)

While this is documented in the manual it is easily overlooked. I'd suggest to add a proper writeup to the "Tips and Tricks" section.
Reply
#5
Brilliant! Now that you mention it, I indeed remember reading it in the manual.
Reply
#6
(03-07-2022, 06:44 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Yes the last FX is always excluded from the row probability. Neat he :-)

How would you do single-row probability in a patch?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)