Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cursor Location after Pasting
#1
Hi! I do a lot of copying and pasting and it would be really helpful if the cursor could move to the space directly under what you just pasted. It would save me a lot of relocating the cursor - especially when I'm copying and pasting triggers, drum patterns. That way you could just do PASTE, PASTE, PASTE instead of PASTE, down down down down, PASTE, down down down - does that make sense?

Just a thought!
Reply
#2
I got to think about that. On the other hand, you can do a DOWN Paste. In that case it automatically moved your copied parts down. Same effect and exactly the amount of button presses you want.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#3
(03-16-2018, 06:55 PM)XORadmin Wrote: I got to think about that. On the other hand, you can do a DOWN Paste. In that case it automatically moved your copied parts down. Same effect and exactly the amount of button presses you want.

aha! Sorry, didn't realize that down paste worked the same way! I'll check it out. Thanks!
Reply
#4
Hmm, I just tried a down paste in a pattern and it didn't move the cursor to the space after the block that was pasted. Tried both (key not cursor) down and up. Am I missing something?
Reply
#5
SHIFT + MARK: Mark a block. SHIFT + MARK again, copy the block to the clipboard

Go to the position you want to paste
SHIFT+DOWN+COPY: Pastes the marked block and shifts all down to the end of the pasted area

It definitely works. Just tried it.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#6
It doesn't move the cursor actually, but it moves everything down. With that you only mark, copy once and then paste 3 times and filled for example a 64 step pattern.

Moving the cursor wouldn't make sense here as you insert below the cursor and shift the rest downwards
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)