Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dinsync24 with old Roland (not working)
#1
Hello there! 


I tried to synchronize old Roland gears with the Nerd Seq, but nothing is working :/

Nerdseq clock in : dinsync, drived by a tr-606
Nerdseq sending dinsync to a tb-303

But nothing is happened. 
My Nerdseq works well only with midi compatible gears. 

Is it possible to synchronize old Roland gears in "dinsync24" mode right?

Best, 
Jaquarius 
Reply
#2
(08-20-2022, 08:28 AM)jaquarius Wrote: Hello there! 


I tried to synchronize old Roland gears with the Nerd Seq, but nothing is working :/

Nerdseq clock in : dinsync, drived by a tr-606
Nerdseq sending dinsync to a tb-303

But nothing is happened. 
My Nerdseq works well only with midi compatible gears. 

Is it possible to synchronize old Roland gears in "dinsync24" mode right?

Best, 
Jaquarius 
Dinsync needs always also the start stop signal which is provided and detected on the reset in/out.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#3
Thought I'd comment here as I used to sync a TB-303 using a Philip Rees MDS and could not get a midi cable to work!

MIDI cables and sync 24 aren't the same type. I don't know if this is the same for all MIDI cables but usually not all the connections are correct.
If the run signal from the nerdseq is sent to the reset output instead of one of the pins on the MIDI port. I don't know how you would wire this into the 303... Maybe you need to customize a midi cable by soldering a jack to pin 1/ground. That jack then goes into the nerdseq reset out?
Wikipedia has more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_sync
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)