Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Some general questions before I take the plunge.
#1
Hello all.

Considering getting a Nerd Seq and I had a few questions about functionality.

1. Can I set up different scales per track for incoming and outgoing Midi/CV ? Are these scales named (Major, Minor, Pythagorean, Dorian, etc) in the tables or do I actually need to know the musical theory notes ?

2. Is is possible to use MIDI to do punch in live record ? Or better use a foot pedal for start/stop on track looping ? I would like to use the Nerd Seq as a per channel midi looper with hands free play. Is there a way to assign break commands whilst playing live without using the buttons ?

3. A similar question, I have a midi controller that sends program changes. Would it be possible to send the pgm changes on the fly to the Nerd Seq which are then passed on to my midi module ? Same question for tweaking CC values, are these passed/recorded live or do they have to be programmed through the interface ?

4. Ok and the big one....can I trigger Patterns on the fly by Midi/CV ? I love this type of work flow where you "beat mash" patterns in real time. So it is a twofold question, can you trigger patterns by a midi controller and can you do it off the grid or instantly ? If the answer is yes...can we then record this pattern mashing performance as a song ?


Thank you, I have looked over the manual but was not clear on these questions.
Reply
#2
Hey There,
sorry, I missed this post but here are my answers:
Quote:1. Can I set up different scales per track for incoming and outgoing Midi/CV ? Are these scales named (Major, Minor, Pythagorean, Dorian, etc) in the tables or do I actually need to know the musical theory notes ?

They are no scales for Midi possible at the moment but they are scheduled for the next version. They are named. However, you don't need musical theory anyways :-)

Quote:2. Is is possible to use MIDI to do punch in live record ? Or better use a foot pedal for start/stop on track looping ? I would like to use the Nerd Seq as a per channel midi looper with hands free play. Is there a way to assign break commands whilst playing live without using the buttons ?

There is actually no command to start/stop recording from Midi currently but I just added it to my 2do list.

Quote:3. A similar question, I have a midi controller that sends program changes. Would it be possible to send the pgm changes on the fly to the Nerd Seq which are then passed on to my midi module ? Same question for tweaking CC values, are these passed/recorded live or do they have to be programmed through the interface ?
If a Midi track is the destination then the data will be passed and can also be recorded.

Quote:4. Ok and the big one....can I trigger Patterns on the fly by Midi/CV ? I love this type of work flow where you "beat mash" patterns in real time. So it is a twofold question, can you trigger patterns by a midi controller and can you do it off the grid or instantly ? If the answer is yes...can we then record this pattern mashing performance as a song ?
You can use a Launchpad to do this. It can trigger the patterns in different variations including instant 'jump' to another pattern. In the upcoming version they are also regular Midi commands for it so you could map it also to any midi controller
It is not possible to record this, you select patterns which are places on the sequencer screen and freely jump around.

I hope that helps a bit, sorry for the delay.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#3
I took the plunge Smile
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)