Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Polyphonic Midi recording
#1
Hello everybody,

(I use firmware 1.27 C)
The Nerdseq manual 1_27 says page 109 :

For Midi Tracks, polyphonic Midi recording is possible. Up to 4 notes at the
same time can be recorded....

I would like to do that but I can't figure it out.
In the setup of my current project, Midi data input is ON
Midi Step Channel is set to the midi track where I want to record. It works for a single note. I play a note on a Keystep, and the nerdseq record it in the row where the cursor is set.
But I also would like to be able to record a chord of 4 notes, played by the Keystep.
Is it possible to do that, and if it is, how can I do ?
Maybe a parameter on the track setup of the midi track ?
record columns is 1+2+3+4, but it doesn't work for know, I must misunderstand something.

Thanks for your help !
Reply
#2
(05-18-2023, 03:46 PM)zomigoro Wrote: Hello everybody,

(I use firmware 1.27 C)
The Nerdseq manual 1_27 says page 109 :

For Midi Tracks, polyphonic Midi recording is possible. Up to 4 notes at the
same time can be recorded....

I would like to do that but I can't figure it out.
In the setup of my current project, Midi data input is ON
Midi Step Channel is set to the midi track where I want to record. It works for a single note. I play a note on a Keystep, and the nerdseq record it in the row where the cursor is set.
But I also would like to be able to record a chord of 4 notes, played by the Keystep.
Is it possible to do that, and if it is, how can I do ?
Maybe a parameter on the track setup of the midi track ?
record columns is 1+2+3+4, but it doesn't work for know, I must misunderstand something.

Thanks for your help !

Midi Step Channel is only for editing (insert notes) into the current spot/step the cursor is on.
You got to choose Track X Record and live record.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#3
Thank you it works !
A picture if it helps some people, it wasn't so obvious to me with all the other options of which to set OFF or ON Big Grin
Here I'm recording Midi channel 2 on the Track 2.

Thanks  a lot !!!

[Image: polyphonic-midi-nerdseq.png]
Reply
#4
(05-18-2023, 04:34 PM)zomigoro Wrote: Thank you it works !
A picture if it helps some people, it wasn't so obvious to me with all the other options of which to set OFF or ON Big Grin
Here I'm recording Midi channel 2 on the Track 2.

Thanks  a lot !!!

Yep, don’t get too used to it, the whole midi setup changes in the upcoming version.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)