Posts: 33
Threads: 11
Joined: Jun 2019
Reputation:
0
07-02-2019, 03:40 PM
In order to change the patch via MIDI on my Nord Drum 2, I need to first do a bank change and then a program change. The bank change needs to happen by transmitting a bank number on CC 0 and CC 32.
I'm trying to do this on the NerdSeq using the freely assignable CC commands in the FX1 field of the MIDI pattern.
So, on the first step, I would input CC 9 0002 in FX1.
On the second step, I would put CC10 3202 in FX1.
On the third step, I would put the patch change PC=xx.
Only the patch change works, but always the first bank is selected, no matter what the value of the CC commands is or if I omit them.
Am I misunderstanding something?
Posts: 4.126
Threads: 138
Joined: Jul 2017
Reputation:
247
I checked the Nord Manual and you are making 2 classic mistakes:
Actually CC0 is Bank select MSB and CC32 is Bank select LSB. So the bank number is a part of the first CC and a part of the 2nd CC. Splitted in 2x 7 bits.
If you want to select bank 2 then you got to send CCO -> 0 and CC32 -> 2.
If you want to select Bank 132: CC0-> 1 and CC32 -> 4 ( 128 from the MSB part and 4 from the LSB part.)
Also the midi CC numbers are written in decimal in the manual. A midi number of 32 decimal is 20 hex. So your CC number must be 20xx instead of 32xx.
You can simply use CC9 2 times, no need to switch to CC10. But both is possible of course.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Posts: 33
Threads: 11
Joined: Jun 2019
Reputation:
0
Awesome, it works now! Thanks so much, Thomas!
Posts: 4.126
Threads: 138
Joined: Jul 2017
Reputation:
247
Actually also a mistake from my side. The manual says:
"Bank Select, Tone Pitch and Echo BPM have settings in the Nord Drum 2 that requires a pair of LSB and MSB values (Least Significant - and Most Significant Byte) to be acknowledged. Transmit the LSB value first, then the MSB value"
So it would be CC32 first and then CC0!!
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Posts: 33
Threads: 11
Joined: Jun 2019
Reputation:
0
I suspect that the Nord manual might actually be mistaken, because it works (both in my DAW and NerdSeq) when I send the CC0 first :-).